Details on new X-Box

Options
MSkeezer
MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
edited May 2005 in Video Games
X-Box 360

I'm not too big into console gaming, but the new X-Box sounds killer. Three 3.2 gigahertz central processors?? Holy shiznip! And a detachable 20GB harddrive? Not too shabby. I may have to think about buying one of these puppies when it eventually ships. I bet it will come with one hell of a price tag, though...
Post edited by MSkeezer on

Comments

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited May 2005
    Options
    PS3 is supposed to have more processors, more RAM, etc etc. Will it translate into better graphics and whatnot... I guess we'll see :)

Price tag is supposed to be $300 without harddrive and some stuff, and $400 for the razz a ma tazz edition (HDD and probably some other good stuff).
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Good links Russ. I will be getting this on day one.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by bknauss
    PS3 is supposed to have more processors, more RAM, etc etc. Will it translate into better graphics and whatnot... I guess we'll see :)

I'm putting my money on it translating into a broken console after three months, since it's made by Sony. ;)

I'll probably wind up with all three systems though.
  • bknauss
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I'm not putting any money on Sony's power because, and I had to be reminded of this lately, Sony claimed the PS2 would be able to have gameplay look nearly the same as Toy Story the movie. There have been some beautiful games on the PS2, but nothing of that caliber.
    Brian Knauss
  • Shizelbs
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Anyone planning on watching the premier tonight?
  • bknauss
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I've got it on my Outlook calendar to make sure no one schedules a teleconference tonight :)
    Brian Knauss
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Scheduled on the tivo, so I can fast foward through the fluff and/or commericial fest.
  • bknauss
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Wow, the graphics are beyond spectacular on some of the games. Some of the ones that popped out in my mind were Perfect Dark Zero, Madden, and NBA something or another. The last two had very real looking graphics. Honestly looked like video of real people.

Count me in for having one on day 1! Now I just have to sign up for a HDTV.
    Brian Knauss
  • Shizelbs
    edited May 2005
    Options
    If anyone finds an online source to download MTVs Xbox 360 premier, do tell. I'll be searching for it myself as well.
  • bknauss
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Oh yea... can't forget about Ghost Recon 3. I think that was the most impressive video I saw last night, especially considering it was one of the few games that looked like a real screen shot, not just video.
    Brian Knauss
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Will it play old Xbox games?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I would like to know as well. I just read an article on audioholics and couldn't see that spec.
  • bknauss
    edited May 2005
    Options
    The rumor is that if you get the HDD version (rumored to be $400), then it will have backwards compatability. I would wait until E3 for an official answer.
    Brian Knauss
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Whats HDD, High Def, or Hard Drive? I kinda missed that.

Lets say it's high definition, I wonder if you HAVE to have a high def TV?
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Shizelbs
    edited May 2005
    Options
    HDD = hard disc drive
  • Shizelbs
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Here is a good article on the process behind the physical design of the Xbox 360 from the Seattle Times.

Seattle Times Article
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I think I might just buy a new computer. It's at that point anyways...
  • bknauss
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Good point Mjr. I think we should all realize the Xbox and Xbox 360 are more or less computers for your living room. I would simply buy a computer instead of an Xbox or PS or whatever... but the way that PC games evolve and eat up speed/power/techonology, it becomes pretty expensive to keep up. I've got a computer that probably would have been very very good about 2 or 3 years ago, but it has trouble playing the PC version of Halo and other not-so-new games. I wouldn't even try Half Life 2 on my comp! And I'm really not in the mood to spend a couple hundred bucks on a new processor and another couple hundred on a new video card. $500 for a console that will last 4 years along with all the necessary accessories sounds good to me.

But yea, for the person who isn't as stingy as me... go out, get a great PC, and play games on there. The mouse/keyboard combo is much better and PCs serve many other purposes.
    Brian Knauss
  • Shizelbs
    edited May 2005
    Options
    There is a semi decent article about it all in the current issue of Time.