Box dimensions needed...

Options
C-Man
C-Man Posts: 307
edited May 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
Alright, sometime in the near future I am gonna be acquiring a '93 Caddilac Sedan DeVille. I was just wondering what dimensions would you use for a sealed or possibly ported enclosure in this type of ride? I have two MM100's, and an Alpine MRV-1507 if that matters... Any help would be appreciated... Gracias again
"The Big C"
Post edited by C-Man on

Comments

• C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited May 2002
    Options
    There are really no restrictions at all. I most likely won't be using the trunk of the car for anything other than the speakers and my amp setup, so whatever it takes. Also in a car like that, would I want the woofers facing the front of the car or the rear?
    "The Big C"
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Kim
    C,
    I would suggest using a common sealed enclosure for these woofers that has a volume of 1.25 to 1.5 cubic feet for both drivers. If you want to use a dual sealed chamber enclosure, then build each chamber to a volume of .66 cubic feet per chamber. These woofers are not designed to be used in a ported enclosures. Do you have any restrictions such as height, width, or depth ...?

Thanks,
    Kim

Why a common enclosure? I ask because i'm building a box for 2 mm120's this coming monday, and after some research i was under the impression that the best way to do it is to use seperate chambers. What i read said you get better sound out of having seperate chambers, but you save a little space(especialy since i'm using 1" MDF) if you make it one large chamber.

Journey
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing