Im really bored so I was wondering...

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited May 2002 in Speakers
What color of speakers do yall have? Cherry, Maple or Black or other colors...I have black but I really wish i got cherry...looks so much better...lol
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited May 2002
    got black, and im getting sick of black
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited May 2002
    Black, mainly 'cause IMO they looked better with the black 400i. If they made centers in cherry then I would've gotten the cherry all around, I think it's polks best looking finish.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    matches the center, and they dissapear when the lights are low...
  • cookaa
    cookaa Posts: 49
    edited May 2002
    Black is the way to go,
    If you get cherry it limits you to matching that color if you have any wood furniture in the same room, if it doesn't match it looks tacky. Black will go with anything, it is the versatile choice. The cherry may look nicer, but black is more flexible, and hell, I haven't heard anything yet relating color to sound :confused:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited May 2002
    I got black..sick of black as well.A cherry center would be nice..at least as an opnion.....
    My next line of speakers will be natural cherry.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Wesmo
    Wesmo Posts: 74
    edited May 2002
    I too, have been wishing lately that they made a cherry center, since the black is a little bland. It seems that everything in my room is black except the walls, and some natural wood would brighten it up some.
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited May 2002
    I would have chosen the cherry but the color and style of the rti speaker wasn't what I expected.
    It was all black on the front and cherry on the sides which I thought looked a little odd (it's still black as you look front on) I was hoping a deeper rich color to the cherry as well.
    Now Polk has improved the look of the new rt series and the lsi's. Just wish they improved their cherry finish and have other color finishes like some European speakers.
    Anyway I chose the black. I didn't want to build my whole living room around a pair of speakers(color), I didn't like.
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111
  • pjriccio
    pjriccio Posts: 8
    edited May 2002
    Back in Black! I wish that they offered there speakers in a Black Laquar Finish.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2002
    Black is definitely the safest choice.
    I wish my 3.1TL's were black rather than light oak.
    They have lots of black cloth though... so, its close.

What is with that cheesy vinyl on the CS400i anyway?
    Its such a great sounding center - too bad it couldn't look
    as fine as it sounds.

Here was my pet peeve. I ordered a set of FX500i's (a year ago) from circuit city. The website showed real wood veneer. I saw a demo model at Ovation and it was black wood veneer. I got mine at home and it was the same cheesy looking vinyl as on the CS400i. I fixed this problem though. I traded up at CC and for an extra $100 I ended up with RT800i's for rear surrounds - which, btw, sound much, much better.

Black is best - no doubt. But, vinyl is always crap.
  • kanicker
    kanicker Posts: 86
    edited May 2002
    Gut-less freaks! A true zealot would go M A P L E !!!

Why do you think they dont make the maple veneer anymore... it was obviously costing them too much money, and they weren't able to sell enough cherry and black.

And as everyone knows... maple is the color that matching most every living room design scheme. It's too bad maple didnt make the cut in Polks new "cost-efficient" price points.

Go MAPLE!

;)
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited May 2002
    Black, they disappear when the lights go down and the show starts.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D