Anthem Amp 1

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited April 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Going to run this one on the Spendors, and POSSIBLY hook Troy up with the CJ MV-75.

Push-pull EL34, 12AX7 driver, 2 x 12AU7 Phase Splitters.

Upgraded the stock Multi-caps with Jensen Pure Copper Foil caps (silver cans next to each EL34).

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Trust me, it will last a LONG time.

Getting tired of chasing my tail, upgrade upgrade upgrade. That's why I didn't hesitate about selling the 3 Jeff Rowland peices. I'm ready to just sit back and enjoy what I have.

All three main rigs are nearing completion.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I wouldn't run anything BUT tubes on the Spendors. Nothing but the best I have for those babes.

One of CD8b's started acting up last week, so I'll need a new transport for another rig. Right now have a Panny DVD in place temporarily.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Here's where I have it slid in right now - I've got the SRS's and Spendors crammed in one room while we sell the house.

Melos SHA-1 Tube Line / Headphone Amp
    AMC CD8b Transport
    Assemblage DAC 1
    Anthem Amp 1 Tube Amp
    (Conrad Johnson Sonographe on the bottom for the SRS 2's)

Cheers,
    Russ
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Kick ****, Russ! Very cool looking amp. Are those Electro Harmonix EL34EH I see in there? Let us know how it sounds on the Spendors. What's the power output?

Noticed you have your Melos and Anthem naked. Do you always keep the covers off? I think I should do that on the GTA. Removing and inserting 10 screws just to tube swap is a pain in the ****.

Enjoy the new amp.

Maurice
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I just keep 4 screws, out of the 14, in the lid of my Cary, that way it's not so much of a hassle for removal.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Gotta be careful effing with them if you've got the lid off and the power on, they bite. Right Tour???

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2005
    Options
    No, I don't KEEP the covers off - I do what Mark does - just a couple screws, keep the rest in a little crack baggie, and labled accordingly.

40 watts continuous, per channel on the Anthem. If you want to slap 12BH7's in, in place of the 12AU7's - and roll some KT-77's in, instead of the EL34's - you can kick it up to 50-52 wpc.

Yes, quad of EH, won't be in there for long. RCA cleartops, and a Smoothplate on the front end.

Maurice, I have some 6DJ8/6922 singles I don't know what to do with! Confirm your addy with me via email, and I'll hook you up. You're the only **** on the planet (that I know), who only needs singles.

Troy, no **** - thank God he was only messing with a preamp. That amp has enough voltage to stop your heart - like THAT (snapped my finger).

Cheers,
    Russ
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Beautimus!

I'd love to hear some Spendors one day.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Just tingled a tad... barely noticed it... :eek:

Looking good, Russ. Hadn't heard of Assemblage, but I see they're made by Sonic Frontiers... a keeper?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Russ,

I'm curious to hear your thoughs on the Amp 1. I just picked up an MCA2 to go with a Pre 2L but I'm not 100% confident with the combo. I'm tempted towards an AMP 1 here locally which is a rare occurance for anything used.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    I wouldn't run anything BUT tubes on the Spendors. Nothing but the best I have for those babes.

ATTABOY. I love it.
    P.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Paul, we REALLY have to pay each other a visit one day. You here, me there.

Put us in a room with some Spendors and plenty of tubes, they may never see us again.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Russ,
    You've got mail!