Parasound HC1000 on Sale

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited April 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2005
    Current capacity 45 amperes/ ch...

Very gutsy...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2005
    I'd probably hold out, as when the new classic line saturates the market, these may drop even further. I know they are in market, but their new, and prices don't drop that fast.

I would actually be looking for the previous HCA-1500's at good prices...and I may pick one of them up for myself.

The HALO line is nice, but I think the Classic line is the best bang for the buck from Parasound.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2005
    $450 for the HCA1000?

Nope, I'll pass. For an extra $50 or so, you can get a good condition HCA1500...which is a far superior amp IMO.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2005
    Used perhaps, but the subject is concerning new stock. A 10 year warranty is very nice IMO.....used pieces carry none.

I know that they have a great track record, but take it from me as one who had one blow the hell up....a warranty, and thankfully a reasonable original owner worked everything out.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.