mm120s

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
hello,

im new to the car audip thing and I recently purchased 2 mm120s with a MTX Thunder81000D amp and i was wondering how to bridge an amp?
i know this sounds really stupid but like I said this is my first experience in car audio.
Thank you,
Marshall
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Polk Woodpecker Posts: 0
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Bridging an amp is taking a set of outputs and combing them to one output. This is useful if you are using the amp for a single subwoofer. It also boosts the total output of the amp. Most of the time, you would use the positive terminal of one output and the negative terminal of the other output. Your amp manual should tell what to do with your amp.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by marshall79
    hello,

im new to the car audip thing and I recently purchased 2 mm120s with a MTX Thunder81000D amp and i was wondering how to bridge an amp?
    i know this sounds really stupid but like I said this is my first experience in car audio.
    Thank you,
    Marshall

The 8100D is a monoblock amp, meaning it only has one output. You have two places to connect speakers on the outside of the amp, but its really just one channel. Nothing you do will bridge this amp, you'll get the same power either way.

Journey
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing