Polk RT25, RT25 and cs245 for sale!

nyudent
nyudent Posts: 10
edited April 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Selling off my home theater system. All speakers are in excellent condition and are black oak. Im selling a pair of rt55's for $300, a pair of rt25's for $200 and the cs245 center channel for $150. Note that these are not the "i" version. I'm in the New York area and contact me to make a deal!
6.jpg 179.3K
Post edited by nyudent on

Comments

• nyudent
    edited April 2005
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2005
    So what are you buying instead?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • nyudent
    edited April 2005
    I'm downsizing to mirage omnisats.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    edited April 2005
    You might be surprised, those Mirage are awesome...

Anyways, FWIW - Those are not Oak, they are vinyl
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nyudent
    edited April 2005
    heres a quote:
    Real Wood at Vinyl prices - The first thing you'll notice about the RTiSeries is their luxurious real wood finishes: beautiful light Maple, inviting Cherry, and serious Black Oak (the RT15i, our small bookshelf speaker, is also available in white). What will really surprise you, though, is that you won't pay a premium for these distinctive real wood finishes. Because of our in-house, computer controlled woodworking factory we can offer these rich finishes at prices you'd normally pay for vinyl.

The "i" series are the exact same speaker except they dont use the trilaminar tweeter, have a slightly different x-over frequency and the cones are blue.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited April 2005
    Actually, the RTxxxi series had the trilaminate dome tweeter. The RTixxx series switched to the silk domes.

The RTxxx series had vinyl cabinets. The RTxxxi series upgraded to veneer.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited April 2005
    Damn, things sure are getting expensive around here.
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • robertgray
    robertgray Posts: 22
    edited April 2005
    Rt25i specs direct from the Polk website:

Mid/Woofer 1 - 5-1/4" Diameter (13.34cm) Dynamic Balance®, shielded
    Tweeter 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm) Tri-Laminate, Dynamic Balance®, shielded
    Overall Frequency Response 50Hz - 26kHz
    Lower -3dB Limit 60Hz
    Upper -3dB Limit 25kHz
    Cabinet Size 11-1/8" H x 6-5/8" W x 10-3/8" D
    Wood at Vinyl prices - The first thing you'll notice about the RTi Series is their luxurious real wood finishes: beautiful light Maple, inviting Cherry, and serious Black Oak (the RT15i, one of our smaller bookshelf speakers, is also available in white). What will really surprise you, though, is that you won't pay a premium for these distinctive real wood finishes. We offer these rich finishes at prices you'd normally pay for vinyl.
    MSRP: $159.95 ea (US)

Rt25 specs from
    http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/Reviews/Polk_4/

System Frequency Response, -3dB 60Hz - 23kHz
    5¼" polymer/mineral composite Dynamic Balance® driver - shielded
    1" polymer dome tweeter - shielded
    Size: 11-1/8" H × 6-5/8" W × 10¼" D
    Finish: black woodgrain vinyl over ¾" MDF (front and rear baffles - injection molded high density, mineral filled polymer)
    MSRP: $139.95 ea (US)

Notable differences are the tweeter material, slightly higher upper freq response on the Rt25i, and cabinet.

I bought a new pair of Rt25i in 2002 for $140 ($70 ea). $200 a pair for the older Rt25 seems a little high.
    Robert Gray
    www.pamunkey.net

Onkyo TX-SR600 receiver
    Polk CS245i center
    Polk RT25i front and side surrounds
    Bose Interaudio 2000 rear surround (Got one RT25i to round out my system? PM me.)
    Polk PSW450 sub
    plus........
    Polk PSW350 sub
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    edited April 2005
    The RT25 models sell for no more than 120 + S used, on good days - It has been a while since I've really kept track though...

But the RT35i sold for 150-200 or so + S...

EBay prices HAVE gone up...so ya know
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • greg099
    greg099 Posts: 19
    edited April 2005
    Is the Center channel speaker still available?
  • nyudent
    edited April 2005
    Ya but I would rather sell the whole set.
  • greg099
    greg099 Posts: 19
    edited April 2005
    sorry, dude, I'm on a bit of a budget. Any idea whether the cs245 is a good timbre match for monitor 10Bs? Got a picture?
  • nyudent
    edited April 2005
    sorry, I have no idea and dont have a pic of the center channel either.