EPII: Attack of the Clones

juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited June 2002 in Music & Movies
well, in just 90 minutes i will be leaving my humble abode to venture into the crowds of crazies to see Episode II: Attack of the Clones. my GF went to pick up the tickets at the theater this afternoon at 2pm and saw that the line had already started, there were some guys with lightsabers already lined up to get into the theater 10 hours later!!!
Post edited by juice21 on

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited May 2002
    There has been some nut camping in Lexington, KY over 3 weeks now for tickets?:confused: The news crew told them they could get them online, but they wanted to be the first in the theater? CRAZY!!:confused:
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited May 2002
    In 21 hours and 35 min I will see the movie.I have tickets money for popcorn and soda,My car has gas in it,I'm juiced as much as humanly possible......
    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...ALWAYS!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    well, i was dissapointed. i was totally siked after reading a couple of RAVING reviews. maybe it was because for the first 20 minutes every 20-30 seconds, the audio would drop out for a second (finally at the end of the first chase sequence it cut out for like 10 seconds, but then it came back for good!), or that the theater was sooo damn hot (people were stripping of the layers until 90 mintes into the film when someone finally realized to turn the AC on), but anyway, for the first hour or so, i had a real hard time getting into the film. the cg seemed to overpower the 'feel' of the film, at least for me, and i had a hard time looking past it in many sequences. the story line was up and down, and there were definitely some lulls (long ones). i didn't find myself getting pulled into the movie until the last 20-30 minutes. what i dreaded the most, and said i never wanted to see was yoda with a lightsbaer, but i have to admit, it was by far my favorite sequence of the film. they pulled it off excellently! the last 30 minutes totally redeemed the movie. there si so much going on, and i was like 'damn, that was cool!' about 10-15 times in the last half hour. i really wanted to love this movie, especially after reading the reviews, but for the most part it lacked an essenntial characteristic of a great film, and that was making me feel part of the movie rather than being aware the whole time that i am in a theater, i just couldn't get into it (until the last 30 minutes)...

well, that's my take, hopefully without ruining any of the story for any of you...
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2002
    I have yet to see it, another month or so and maybe I'll go. But, you brought my worst fear to light...
    the cg seemed to overpower the 'feel' of the film
    This is what I was afraid of. From the trailers I gathered that there was a sickening amount of cgi used but the reviews coming in gave me some hope. Sadly though, you are not the first to comment on this. Looks like my hopes are dashed.

Thanks for the review. Maybe I'll just wait for the DVD.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2002
    I think I'm gonna back out on this one, definately wait for the dvd RENTAL.....

Thanks for the review Orenthal.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    Orenthal again? i don't get it???:confused:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2002
    (the) Juice.....

...Orenthal.......

O.J.............

Cheers,
    Johnny Cochrane
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    gotcha! i thought that may be it...

(now, time to make my quick get-away.... now where's my white bronco?):D
  • Ron-P
    edited May 2002
    The link below is to a thread going over at the HTF. For the most part, the reviews are good to great.

Reviews

If...
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    THE MOVIE RULED.I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.GO SEE IT.

You know I just realised something.......Why is there so much negitive in the world????Evry chance anyone gets...they kick everything they can...........I don't get it.....it's not cool to kick everything.........not just about this movie...but everything.....IS THERE NO LOVE LEFT???
    Dan
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    and i WANTED to love this movie! i really did, it just left me dissapointed...
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2002
    I loved it! F-ING RULED!!! Saw it at the Senator in Baltimore and it was just kick-****!

I think there are alot of people going way out of their way to hate this movie just so they can continue the George Lucas bashing. Give it up and have some fun.

If you're going to be a hard **** critic and pick at every tiny little thing, then skip this movie and save your money.

If you want a ton of fun in the Star Wars way, then go see it and prepare to have a chill go through your entire body when Yoda get's it on with the bad guy! The whole sequence with Jango Fett and the asteroid field was way cool too! That's where the Senator's Dolby Digital EX sound shined in a VERY BIG WAY! I could feel the impact of the explosions hit me.

Go see it and have fun for crying out loud!

John
    No excuses!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2002
    Originally posted by john d. strong
    prepare to have a chill go through your entire body when Yoda get's it on with the bad guy

Oh man, we don't get full frontal of Yoda and his Jedi-green-dingus do we?

-R
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2002
    I dunno, I will probably wait until I can rent it.....

My thing is that, and I hate to be negative.......all the cgi and what have you in the world will never recapture the magic of the original. ESB nor ROTJ didn't either to be honest, IMO. I want to like it, I really do. What I want is a compelling story though, not just to be bombarded by cgi and technology...

I dunno, we'll see I guess.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited May 2002
    It's always the weak minded that are drawn into the dark force.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited May 2002
    Oh man, we don't get full frontal of Yoda and his Jedi-green-dingus do we?

Damn Russ,
    Just about busted my side when I read that!LOL!:lol:
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    the yoda sequence will be the new 'duel of the fates' star wars EPII demo sequence for the HT, yoda kicked some serious **** while managing to keep his 'jedi-green-dingus' under wraps...:lol:
  • Ron-P
    edited May 2002
    Question. My daughter is 5 and she loves TPM. So, how'd AofC play out, same as TPM or more violant?

I will see this in a few weeks, but I fear it will not compare to the OT. I've read many reviews already, same wooden acting with the same shinny, sleak ships.

How can we be 200 years before the OT and have ships that are sleeker and more advanced looking? Plus, the acting was soooo much more care-free and funny and the OT cast had a lot of personality, something these new movie lack. Of course, this is just based on reviews I've read.

If...
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    Question. My daughter is 5 and she loves TPM. So, how'd AofC play out, same as TPM or more violant?

i would say more violent, but it is star wars violence, lots of fighting and lazers firing everywhere, but no blood and guts, just explosions and people falling down. there is a little more in two scenes, but that may be a bit of a spoiler to say (remember, lightsabers quarterize wounds though, so it's not messy...)
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited May 2002
    Well I saw it at 3:30am on Thursday (jesus I'm retarded) and I have to say it was bad ****!

What I liked about this movie:

1) Jar-Jar was in it a total of maybe 5 min.
    2) It was funny
    3) Yoda fights -- hilarious and awesome!
    4) LOUD!!!!!
    5) Lots of fight scenes

So I say go and see it. It's well worth the money to be entertained for 2 1/2 hours. There was so much low bass I thought my head was going to explode!!!

~JB
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited May 2002
    I think the movie is ggod for all ages, pure entertainment, this is the first time I see Yoda in action, so cool... go see it folks, I like it better than Spiderman, I went to the first show at 12PM thursday afternoon in KC, it's one hell of a ride, the fighting sence (incl the excecution) rocks. Starwars at its best...
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited May 2002
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    How can we be 200 years before the OT and have ships that are sleeker and more advanced looking?

Ron,

Episode I takes place only 32 years before OT (Epidodes 4, 5, & 6). Episode II takes place 22 years before OT. Episode III takes place 18 years before OT.;)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited May 2002
    Dammit! This movie has so many plot holes. How could Count Dooku go up against the Master of All Jedi and walk away without a scratch? I was expecting Yoda to chop Dooku's legs off at the thigh and make some wisecrack like "Cut you down to size, I have.", or even better, look over at the fallen Anakin and Obi Wan after thrashing Dooku and say "Beat the doodoo out of Dooku, I have."

I wanna see a rematch in Ep. III. And next time I wanna see Yoda decisively kick some natural ****:mad:
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Yoda was the man in that movie.Read the book it will fill in alot of the plot gaps.
    If you pay attention to all the star wars movies, they all have plot gaps.Thats georges style, leaving you wanting more.

I hate movie criditcs.....all they do it look for the negitive.....boring.I for one will love all star wars films for what they are, not for what I want them to be,not for what they lacked,Or any other **** things people say.
    Dan
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2002
    I dunno.....maybe. I tend to thing that Hollywoods style is to ignore the story if it serves the purpose of selling more tickets with big loud explosions and lots of neato special effects. Who cares about the original story??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • NDTA
    NDTA Posts: 83
    edited May 2002
    Originally posted by raife1
    I wanna see a rematch in Ep. III. And next time I wanna se Yoda decisively kick some natural ****:mad:

You can kiss your a** goodbye bubba, on the next one, all Jedi will be killed, if you want to know why? ask the future Dark Vader...
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Just saw it again.
    Better the second time.I think the movie is a good one.The story moves quick but tells the nessary fill ins that you need to set up the next chapter.
    Dan
  • Ron-P
    edited May 2002
    1. A New Hope
    2. Empire Strikes back
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Phantom Menace

Absolutely loved this movie. Very well done. Lucas has redeemed himself. 95% of the CGI was excellent, so much better than TPM, the story was good and the acting was decent. I thought Hayden did a great job at showing/expressing his evil/dark side.

I saw a DLP showing and thought the picture quality was outstanding, except, the black level seemed washed out. Dark scenes lacked detail. I plan on seeing this again in a week or so and seeing it on film.

AotC had a good Star Wars feel to it, something that TPM lacked.

The 3PO scenes dragged on a bit and the chase thru the city was a bit long. Cutting about 10 minutes out of the movie would have helped the pace a lot.

All-n-all though, I am extremely impressed with Lucas and AotC. WOW! Can't wait to see it again. But, I really can't wait until November when I can own it

If...
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited May 2002
    If you can see it in a DLP theater, Run to get in line. It looked so much better than the film version, even my wife was commenting on the clarity of the picture.
    I loved the movie, definately made up for TPM. It also helped that I saw it at the best theater I've ever been at. If any of you ever come thru Seattle, go to the Cinerama. It's only 1 theater there, but it fits 800+, and has the best sound and picture I've ever seen, anywhere in the US.
    I can't wait to go see it again, but if I go somewhere else, I know I'll be griping about the inferior technology.

Shep
  • Ron-P
    edited May 2002
    I'm going back next Saturday to see it again in DLP. Fricken awesome, I'm still thinking about it......

If...