Heathkit Williamson 4's

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited April 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Push-pull 6L6/5881, good for about 22-25w/side. Pair of 6SN7 on the front end, 5V4GA (5AR4 installed) rectifiers.

I had them completely re-capped and Tiffany gold RCA input jacks installed. Stock barrier strip and power cord kept in place to maintain the original 'look' of these classics.
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    edited March 2005
    Options
    World class. Too bad I can't keep them all.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited March 2005
    Options
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Just gorgeous, Russ.... these went out in the CJ amp deal?

What are the two taps toward the right edge that look like headphone jacks? Straining these old eyes to see what's printed between 'em ("Balance"?), but not quite there...

EDIT: For any interested in a little more info...
    http://www.heathkit-museum.com/hifi/w4-am.shtml
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2005
    Options
    No, the Williamson 5's went out in the CJ deal.

The two taps are for balance adjustment, two per amp (two power tubes per amp), with the Bias in between.

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Gracias...

4's and 5's.... wow... 3's and 6's to come?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Oh, there's MUCH more that never makes a post here.

I'm just trying (on occassion) to inject ACTUAL hifi into the 'par 4 the course' mediocraty that prevails here.

Seriously, I'm having a pair of W3 Integrated mono's FULLY modded, and stripped completely of the front end (vol, tone, source controls), and made into straight mono amps that I will keep for myself. Basically, totally rebuilt, short of the Iron.

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2005
    Options
    "On occassion" has become the norm with you recently, be it vintage or current models... Melos, CJ, the Dodd contact, the Heathkit W's, Marantz 8, et al...

You've moved into a completely different audio area code.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    "On occassion" has become the norm with you recently, be it vintage or current models... Melos, CJ, the Dodd contact, the Heathkit W's, Marantz 8, et al...

You've moved into a completely different audio area code.

No lie....

Seems like just yesterday we were beating the bushes for 50 dollar NAD preamps and so forth.......

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut