need alil help

JDMCivicB16B
JDMCivicB16B Posts: 67
edited March 2005 in Custom Fabrication
Well just purchased a PolkMomo 10 inch sub..and have a MTX amp for it. i want to do an enclosure in my trunk floor for the sub and cover it with plexiglass, and ima mount the amp on the side of the trunk..any advice on how to do the trunk floor setup?
'95 Civic EX
dbs in front stage
Type-Rs in back
MTX T202
10inch PolkMOMO sub
Kenwood HU
Kenwood KAC amp

'00 s2k ....
Pioneer AVIC-N2
MMC6500 x 2
JL 300/2
(still pending..)

2003 XL DeNali
(the wife's new ride)
..new project..wife comes first before s2k
Post edited by JDMCivicB16B on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    i'm assuming you mean put it in the tire well, in which case you'll need to be fairly proficient in the use of fiberglass. the first glassing tutorial here is perfect for your needs.

after you have the sub mounted (and the top of the box carpeted), you can just put little posts down and mount a sheet of plexi above it. maybe cut a design in it, that'd look good. subtle neon highlighting the cutout might look even better.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • JDMCivicB16B
    edited March 2005
    sounds good...but i am also looking for more options..i am not trying to take up alot of space. maybe mount to the backseat? any ideas?
    '95 Civic EX
    dbs in front stage
    Type-Rs in back
    MTX T202
    10inch PolkMOMO sub
    Kenwood HU
    Kenwood KAC amp

'00 s2k ....
    Pioneer AVIC-N2
    MMC6500 x 2
    JL 300/2
    (still pending..)

2003 XL DeNali
    (the wife's new ride)
  • neomagus00
    edited March 2005
    actually, as long as you can stand going without a spare tire, your boot will still be completely usable if you install the sub in the tire well. done properly, the plexi above the sub will be flush with the floor, and you can then stick stuff right on top of it. you'd want lots of holes or slots in the plexi, for the sound to come out, and it wouldn't be as loud when there's stuff in the trunk, but it's a wonderful solution if you use your boot regularly.

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • JDMCivicB16B
    edited March 2005
    im probably going to need my tirewell cuz god for bid i get a flat and no spare tire...that would really suck. but i am open-minded and just looking for some great ideas.
    '95 Civic EX
    dbs in front stage
    Type-Rs in back
    MTX T202
    10inch PolkMOMO sub
    Kenwood HU
    Kenwood KAC amp

'00 s2k ....
    Pioneer AVIC-N2
    MMC6500 x 2
    JL 300/2
    (still pending..)

2003 XL DeNali
    (the wife's new ride)
  • neomagus00
    edited March 2005
    you could do exactly as the tutorial shows, and mount them using the wasted space in the corners above the bumper... the fiberglass will use that oddly-shaped volume much more effectively than any other box could.

• JDMCivicB16B
    edited March 2005
    yea i seen that tutorial before a while back....it was very helpful..but i didnt like his design of in the corner. How about mounting the sub to the backseat? or doing an enclosure that mounts to the backseat? or maybe just sits behind it? throw some ideas out at me..i have used fiberglass before..but for door panels not sub enclosures.
    '95 Civic EX
    dbs in front stage
    Type-Rs in back
    MTX T202
    10inch PolkMOMO sub
    Kenwood HU
    Kenwood KAC amp

'00 s2k ....
    Pioneer AVIC-N2
    MMC6500 x 2
    JL 300/2
    (still pending..)

2003 XL DeNali
    (the wife's new ride)
  • neomagus00
    edited March 2005
    yes, you could always go with the standard up-against-the-seat idea. this is usually done with MDF, but it removes much of the useful area of the trunk.

i personally really like the in-the-sides idea, what about it bothers you?

other than those three, i cant think of anything else useful.

• JDMCivicB16B
    edited March 2005
    i guess i got to look at some more installs..but i think i will figure something out..need a drink to relax and let the creative juices flow

thanks for the help though..i'll post my install up here when i do it..hopefully this week.
    '95 Civic EX
    dbs in front stage
    Type-Rs in back
    MTX T202
    10inch PolkMOMO sub
    Kenwood HU
    Kenwood KAC amp

'00 s2k ....
    Pioneer AVIC-N2
    MMC6500 x 2
    JL 300/2
    (still pending..)

2003 XL DeNali
    (the wife's new ride)
  • neomagus00
    edited March 2005
    cool, i'll be interested to see how it turns out.