Anyone?

Pauly
Life without music would
Post edited by Pauly on

Comments

• malikarshad
    malikarshad Posts: 527
    edited March 2005

Speakers=>Salk Soundscape 8, Soundscape Center,Surrounds-Dali Rubicon LCR, Lsi7
    PreAmp, Amp => Marantz AV8801, ATI 6007 amp, Oppo HA-1 DAC
    Source => Sonore MicroRendu, Oppo BDP-103, Mede8er 600XD, Dune HD Smart D1, Synology DS1813+(16TB)
    Sub - JTR Captivator S2 (Dual 18")
    Power - Furman IT-Ref20i on dedicated 30Amp circuit with Furutech GTX-R outlet
    Screen=> JVC RS-45 projector Da-Lite HP 133" 2.35
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited March 2005
    That is exactly what I've been looking for too. Great price on that remote. Originally, they sold for over $200.
    I think they discontinued them recently. They don't show up on their website anymore.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2005
    Yeah, I've been wanting a Harmony remote for a while, but couldn't really justify spending the money (don't actually need one, but I like the Internet programming capability). This deal seems pretty good. Anyone have any experience with this particular model?

Okie and Spaz -- you gonna order it?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • okiepolkie
    edited March 2005
    I'll probably order one within the next week. I've read some great reviews on it. The simplicity factor for this thing is the kicker.

For people who don't like to search forever to find every function, this has to be one of the best ones I've seen.

From what I know, it isn't incredibly difficult to set up either.

I like the funtionality of some of the other Harmony remotes, but they seem to have too many buttons for most people. The only other Harmony remote I would consider is the 880 .
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited March 2005
    More than likely i will. My 15 month old (i think) threw the Satalite remote away(didnt notice) and need one that will control everything and be easy on the wife

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • okiepolkie
    edited March 2005
    That is the main reason I would go with the 768. It has the fewest number of buttons and they seem to be well laid out.

I think Willow ended up getting one of these a month or so ago. Maybe he'll chime in and give us a brief update of how he likes it.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • malikarshad
    malikarshad Posts: 527
    edited March 2005
    Here is my very brief review. I had bought a Harmony 768 remote and its very small and nice and the buttons are laid out very nicely. The only problem i had was with the jog dial. It's very sensitive and it scrolled to fast and skipped one or two items.
    So I sold it.
    I again bought a Harmony 659 which is one of their larger remotes and i absolutely like it. There are dedicated buttons for Watch a Movie, Watch TV, Listen to Music and if u want to add more activities it's very easy. And customizing is very easy. Even my son loves it. He say it so cool that he doesn't have to use 2 remote to start a vcr and a tv and turning it off is so easy.
    I'm not sure but logtiech is running a 25% off rebate. Check pricegrabber.com and it think if its there you will find the rebate there.
    I think its a very good investment of money if you have mutiple equipments.
    I hope it was helpful.
    Good luck guys.

Speakers=>Salk Soundscape 8, Soundscape Center,Surrounds-Dali Rubicon LCR, Lsi7
    PreAmp, Amp => Marantz AV8801, ATI 6007 amp, Oppo HA-1 DAC
    Source => Sonore MicroRendu, Oppo BDP-103, Mede8er 600XD, Dune HD Smart D1, Synology DS1813+(16TB)
    Sub - JTR Captivator S2 (Dual 18")
    Power - Furman IT-Ref20i on dedicated 30Amp circuit with Furutech GTX-R outlet
    Screen=> JVC RS-45 projector Da-Lite HP 133" 2.35
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2005
    I also prefer the 659 over the 768...easier for the wife to use as well...