UPS…WTF

PSOVLSK
PSOVLSK Posts: 5,185
No words necessary

g03zygn4fejb.png
if6c0049qw5e.png
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,521
    More and more of this happening lately it seems
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,274
    edited June 5
    Unfortunately whenever I get something shipped UPS from the west coast it takes the most convoluted journey to get to me. In most cases it will see some of the stops 2 to 3 times, then drive past to the east coast only to go back to dallas or St Louis and finally start making its way to me the right
    direction.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    Deja vu. Only mine was with the USPS.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • PSOVLSK
    Since it has an estimated delivery date, UPS says there is nothing they can until that estimated delivery date has passed. Well, the estimated delivery date has been pushed back 4 or 5 times now while the package keeps making the 100 mile trip between Sulphur Springs and Arlington. I’ve filed a lost/missing package claim through a 3rd party insurer, so we’ll see what happens. I’m worried that it’s already been damaged since it’s being handled so much.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • smartie_panta
    smartie_panta Posts: 195
    Seriously, WTF?!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Did this package have the same address for sender and receiver? Or was it just two IP addresses?
    I disabled signatures.
  • PSOVLSK
    edited June 6
    msg wrote: »
    Did this package have the same address for sender and receiver? Or was it just two IP addresses?

Two separate names and addresses for sender and receiver. Texas to California.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,931
    Deeply frustrating and concerning for the item being shipped. Glad that it's insured, but I sincerely hope that you don't have to deal with making a claim. Fingers crossed that they get their heads out of their asses and get it delivered to the recipient asap.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,056
    edited June 6
    Ditto that on USPS. I had two separate packages (different months) kicked out of metro Atlanta (destination) to the Midwest twice before returning! Both times it was things I needed right away for clients.
    Palmetto isn't just a bug anymore...
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,795
    edited June 6
    Might have 2 labels on the box, maybe someone didn't remove all the old labels. When this happens, it gets sent back to the nearest return address. If not, that's likely what weed does to the young workforce.

Either way, that's definitely messed up OP.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    Get used to it. You're now paying higher prices for longer delays. A few business owners I know have shipping issues with USPS and UPS....BBB heh?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,222

Paul I'm adding my UPS…WTF event to yours.

Three weeks ago, I had a small part (clutch assembly) for my chainsaw shipped from Kansas to Georgia. I needed the part so I paid extra to get it sooner. Just the opposite happened.

The package was scheduled to arrive on Saturday May 18; it arrived on Tuesday May 21. I received emails from UPS three straight days telling me it was arriving that day then it was rescheduled for the next day.

Of course, it was impossible to "talk" to an agent on the phone; only the bot messenger. On Monday May 20, I saw the UPS Truck was in a close-by neighborhood at the end of the day. I drove there and found the UPS Truck. Two drivers were offloading packages from one truck to the other for delivery on Tuesday. They searched for the package, but it was not on the truck.

I contacted Amazon and the seller. Neither could help because Tuesday May 21 was the outer date of the contracted delivery date range. I found out the package was held at the UPS Delivery warehouse until Tuesday morning.

05/21/2024
    6:22 P.M. Delivered
    DELIVERED
    MARIETTA, GA, US

05/21/2024
    10:05 A.M. Out For Delivery Today per Email
    Out For Delivery Today
    Atlanta, GA, United States

05/21/2024
    8:43 A.M. Out For Delivery Today per Email
    Processing at UPS Facility

05/21/2024
    5:42 A.M. Processing at UPS Facility

05/20/2024
    9:19 P.M. We’re sorry your package was delayed. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible.

05/20/2024
    9:44 A.M. Out For Delivery Today per Email

05/20/2024
    5:35 A.M. Processing at UPS Facility

05/18/2024
    4:31 P.M. The package has been rescheduled for a future delivery date.

05/18/2024
    12:53 P.M. Out For Delivery Today per Email

05/18/2024
    6:23 A.M. Processing at UPS Facility

05/17/2024
    8:31 P.M. Arrived at Facility
    (Three stops in KS and MO not shown)
    05/16/2024
    8:24 P.M. We have your package
    Topeka, KS, United States

05/16/2024
    2:36 P.M. Label Created
    Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
    United States
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,222
    One more stupid thing that happened with UPS and my shipment. And everyone, thanks for letting me get this off my chest!

When I could not reach or talk to an agent by phone, I sent an email on Sunday May 19 with the tracking number and outlined the problem. Responses to emails are sent one to two business days later. I received an email from an agent on Tuesday May 21 at 1:27PM. This agent did his job although the one-two day standard response time is no help.

Dear Harry,

Thank you for your contacting us. We are happy to help you.

Upon reviewing tracking information, your package was held at UPS facility for two days, as I can see that your package is out for delivery today 05/21/24, package will be delivered to you by end of the day. sorry for the delay.

If you do not receive the package by end of the day, kindly reach out to us for the further assistance of the package.

I hope you find this information helpful.

If you have any question or concerns, please feel free to email us back or contact us at 1-800-742-5877.

Regards,
    (name deleted)
    UPS Customer Care Representative

Next on Tuesday May 21, I received an email with subject: How was your experience contacting UPS?

kga73zmygo1a.png

I took the survey and it was mainly about how the Representative had performed. I was mad. My response to the survey:

1ZCxxxxxxxxx Look at this tracking number. My package was scheduled for delivery on Saturday May 18. Why was it HELD at the Atlanta UPS Facility until Tuesday May 21. I received three "rescheduled - your package will be delivered tomorrow" emails. It was delivered on May 21. My response is not saying (Name Deleted) UPS Customer Care Representative failed. He is the only person who actually supplied information about the delivery of the package. The SYSTEM failed because I could not get in touch with a single person, and I tried. The BOT system should be dismantled. I tried to give the BOT my tracking number multiple times - failed. Receiving nothing is better than receiving incorrect delivery info by email three days in a row. The UPS procedures FAILED. I did not interact with any UPS Rep except by email with (Name Deleted) UPS Customer Care Representative. I would choose to interact with the same representative the next time I contact UPS. The word interact is a big lie. Contact through email 4 days after the package wast to be delivered is not "Interaction". (Name Deleted) did his JOB correctly. (The ridiculous guidelines said his response might be a day or whatever)

Hire an unbiased consultant to IMPROVE your customer service. Let UPS managers rate the job of the reps. Let UPS customers rate the SERVICE provided by UPS - Customer focused.

The question should be How did UPS perform? This survey is ridiculous because it is not customer focused. The real issue is there was no way for me to let UPS know I had a problem. Amazon and the Amazon seller DH Lawn and Garden Equipment became involved. I needed the chainsaw clutch assembly that I ordered and I paid $15 over the free shipping amount to get the part as soon as possible. UPS had an opportunity to make themselves and DH Lawn look great in terms of service.

UPS failed me and UPS failed their customer.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    Honestly, I've had way more problems with FedEx Ground/Home than UPS going back to 2020. USPS has become fairly unreliable these days too. I think the modern shipping infrastructure with all the scanners, conveyor belts, sorting machines, etc. work great, UNTIL, something odd happens. A truck break down, a label gets torn, a package falls out of a tote, etc. Once it is out of the automated systems, it always seems to take forever to sort out.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 334
    Today I had a UPS out for delivery to me, and THEN it was sent to a nearby city based on my instructions for delivery. Pretty sure I never told them to send it where I don't live. :s At least I got a "sorry it's going to be late" note.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    I generally have better luck with FEDEX than UPS. USPS is guaranteed to be a terrible experience. Packages typically sit in the Richmond distribution center for at least a week
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,032
    That is weird, as UPS has been known within the industry as focusing on handling packages the minimum number of times as possible.
  • PSOVLSK
    Update: the package has finally made it to California. Scheduled for delivery on Monday, not that I’m counting on it.

Harry, that’s a crazy story as well. Glad you were able to get it off your chest. Definitely helps to vent sometimes.

I will say that in general I think all shipping companies do a pretty good job when you consider the shear volume of packages that are shipped on a daily basis.
  • msg
    Monday's Tracking Update:

Arrived at facility
    Sulphur Springs, TX
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    Scott, you love watching the world burn huh?
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • msg
    As long as I'm watching from a rock cliff, far removed, with a good view.

Lol, no, no, I don't, just a good pot stir from time to time on relatively benign but still comically maddening stuff.

Happens to me too. I remember having a few records sitting lost somewhere up in the DC USPS facility for 5 weeks. That sucked. At least Paul's getting status updates.
    I disabled signatures.
  • PSOVLSK
    msg wrote: »
    Monday's Tracking Update:

Arrived at facility
    Sulphur Springs, TX

6z5jflilin3w.gif
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,557
    They must smoke a lot of weed in Sulphur Springs.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus