SDA 1C’s for sale …

gyosa
gyosa Posts: 741
Going to part with my 1C’s , one way or another .
Original owner , bought ‘em new in 1987.
Phenomenal condition - given their age - they really are - I’m super anal about my equipment.
Cosmetically, you would have no issues putting these in your living room.
If you saw them , you’d say “holy crap, Batman ! “

All original , with the exception of ‘194 tweeters installed a few years ago .
Original pin-blade cable.
I’ll even throw in the fully functional original SL-2000 tweeters , if ya want them ! LOL !
The speakers work as they should .
In constant bedroom use until last week when replaced with new speakers .

Before I drag them out and take detailed pics , I thought I’d see if there was any interest..

I’m thinking 300 bucks , local pickup , Dallas Texas - yeah , a small audience, I know ..
Best $300 pair of speakers you’ll ever own !
Enough to take the family out for a burger , given inflation these days 😎
If off the pricing mark , lemme know .
Did I mention they’re in really good shape ?

Seriously, I’d keep them , save them for my college kid - but I just don’t have room to store them - and someone here might enjoy them more than the storage closet would. The wife has always said “they’re too big and ugly” - I happen to disagree! She wants them gone …

I do have the original boxes .

If any interest, either pm me , or I’ll post some pics .

If no interest, no biggie , I’ll disassemble , part them out and pitch the cabinets to the curb - they’ve lived a long and prosperous life .

Thanks

Bk

PS Audio S300 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk SuperCharged Songtowers , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Ascend Acoustics ELX Ribbon Towers , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN system

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
Post edited by gyosa on

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Maaan, I always wanted to try those. That's a great deal. I'd go for them but I'm at least 1500 miles away. Hopeful one of the members will be inarrested.
    I disabled signatures.
  • gyosa
    Quick pics ..

“Circles” on the grilles are “shadows” …

amxerz3nbajb.jpeg
    p0o04z9twxy6.jpeg
    PS Audio S300 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk SuperCharged Songtowers , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Ascend Acoustics ELX Ribbon Towers , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN system

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,355
    I think you underpriced them by half. Great looking speakers and worth a day or two on the road to go get them. Someone will be very happy indeed.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gyosa
    I think you underpriced them by half. Great looking speakers and worth a day or two on the road to go get them. Someone will be very happy indeed.

Well , it’s the polkie forum family …

I’ve gotten some good deals here , returning the favors !
    Let my Cambridge 851n go for a steal here too .. happy to do it .

Rather see them go to a member , than anyone else …

These were my pride and joy for decades , and babied to the point of nausea for my wife … time to let them go

Thanks for the comment !
    😎

Bk

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,798
    They look brand new....GLWS! I agree, someone will be happy.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,071
    Fantastic deal!
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,067
    Wow those are gorgeous!

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,823
    I’m just curious … what did you replace these beauties with?!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • gyosa
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    I’m just curious … what did you replace these beauties with?!

Salks that were in my main setup , and the Salks were replaced with a pair of new Ascend ELX Ribbon towers..

Bke7gp95cexooh.jpeg
    2h37cb67g4yr.png

• Polkrt3000
    Polkrt3000 Posts: 15
    Wow that is a crazy price for the condition I might think of paying shipping for those. I live in South Dakota sucks so far away. The way they look you could get double. Awesome speakers, always wanted them. But just a huge fan!
  • nooshinjohn
    Polkie express rides again?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • LordAragorn
    LordAragorn Posts: 36
    gyosa wrote: »
    Going to part with my 1C’s , one way or another .
    Original owner , bought ‘em new in 1987.
    Phenomenal condition - given their age - they really are - I’m super anal about my equipment.
    Cosmetically, you would have no issues putting these in your living room.
    If you saw them , you’d say “holy crap, Batman ! “

All original , with the exception of ‘194 tweeters installed a few years ago .
    Original pin-blade cable.
    I’ll even throw in the fully functional original SL-2000 tweeters , if ya want them ! LOL !
    The speakers work as they should .
    In constant bedroom use until last week when replaced with new speakers .

Before I drag them out and take detailed pics , I thought I’d see if there was any interest..

I’m thinking 300 bucks , local pickup , Dallas Texas - yeah , a small audience, I know ..
    Best $300 pair of speakers you’ll ever own !
    Enough to take the family out for a burger , given inflation these days 😎
    If off the pricing mark , lemme know .
    Did I mention they’re in really good shape ?

Seriously, I’d keep them , save them for my college kid - but I just don’t have room to store them - and someone here might enjoy them more than the storage closet would. The wife has always said “they’re too big and ugly” - I happen to disagree! She wants them gone …

I do have the original boxes .

If any interest, either pm me , or I’ll post some pics .

If no interest, no biggie , I’ll disassemble , part them out and pitch the cabinets to the curb - they’ve lived a long and prosperous life .

Thanks

Bk

Hello @gyosa! I live in Plano; can you please DM me? I’m a big Polk fan & have LS-90s, CS-350, Monitor 7Bs and the RTA-12 originals. Never found a decent or reliable set of these locally and would love to have them for my vintage setup! Thank you.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,351
    You can PM him.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gyosa
    He did .

Bk

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,032
    Polkie Express to Georgia?!?
  • nooshinjohn
    Leaving’ on that midnight train…

• gyosa
    These are sold .

Hope you enjoy them Ravi !

Bk

• LordAragorn
    LordAragorn Posts: 36
    gyosa wrote: »
    These are sold .

Hope you enjoy them Ravi !

Bk

Thank you, Bill. Unbelievably like new condition. Appreciate the fantastic deal on these amazing speakers.

Bill has already seen this but for the benefit of others, attached is the picture in my humble new setup. That’s the best placement with the limited room I have in my home office where I spend the most time but I’m loving the wide soundstage. Next items down the rabbit hole… cap upgrades, high current amp..

Ah, new room LOL

Thankful to Bill for the great deal on these lovely speakers and everyone who has helped me on the forum thus far. I’m hoping I’ll be able to give back to the forum soon!32jk7mpzx3rb.jpeg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,279