From Hell

Options
Billm57
Billm57 Posts: 689
edited May 2002 in Music & Movies
anyone seen this and liked it? read a review of the dvd (not out yet but soon) and it sounded good..opinions???
Post edited by Billm57 on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    Options
    wasted my time and $ seeing this one in the theater. totally disapointing. if you are thinking about buying it, rent it first. if you're not, your better off anyway...
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Well, this is the first bad review of this movie I've seen. I've yet to see it, but movies (with Depp) and of this style are right up my ally. A purchase for me.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    Options
    ron, i love dark tim burton-esque films. many of the same you have posters of on the wall of the green room, and which is why i was so excited for this movie. maybe you'll love it, but i would rent it first. the ending sucks, and the whole movie was less than expected...

you've been warned...:D
  • Ron-P
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Alright, damn-it, I'll rent it first, just to be on the safe side.

If...
  • Ron-P
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Being the big Johnny Depp fan that I am, I'm just going to buy it. If it is really that bad...ebay.

If...
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I'm going to have to see this one even tho I dread it. I dig this kind of movie.

And I dig this story, Jack The Ripper and all.

But then, I LOVE "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," and I "had" to see that Tim Burton movie... And compared to the Disney animated one from when I was a kid -- Icabod Crane and that amazingly evil Headless Horseman with the jack-o-lantern, anyone remember that? -- it was palid and limp.

Oh well. Gonna have to see it. What the hell (so to speak) has Johnny Depp done lately that keeps him a star?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    edited May 2002
    Options
    What the hell (so to speak) has Johnny Depp done lately that keeps him a star?

His current project is Neverland: The story of James Matthew Barrie's tragic life and how he got the idea of creating Peter Pan.

2002: Once upon a Time in Mexico
    2002: Lost In La Mancha
    2001: From Hell
    2001: Blow
    2000: Chocolate

I'm with Micah on From Hell, love these types of films.

If...