Lsi25 center channel

Options
Andysk
Andysk Posts: 3
Quick question.

Can anyone tell me what center channel would make a good match today for the lsi25?

Thanks

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,081
    Options
    LSiC is the matching center for the LSi line. I had one with my LSi15’s and was happy with it.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,986
    Options
    Andysk wrote: »
    Quick question.

Can anyone tell me what center channel would make a good match today for the lsi25?

Thanks

You could also probably get away with a LSiC704 or 706, the next generation. I owned the 704, and it was a very good center, but by most accounts the 706 is a beast!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,081
    Options
    Yes, I had the 706. Great speaker.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • caardvark
    caardvark Posts: 54
    Options
    It's sort of a trick question. Bookshelf speakers make better center channel speakers than center speakers do. The only drawback is form factor, if you're limited to a short, wide speaker for aesthetics.

One or two LSi7's (or 9's) will give you the best center channel experience, also accounting for perfectly matching your fronts.
    Polk LSi15 fronts, LSi7 dual centers, Linn AV5110 sides, Polk RT15i rears, Emotiva UMC-200 pre/pro, 2x Carver M-1.0t MkII & 2x AudioSource Amp 100, Crown XLS1500 & Dayton 18" sub.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,986
    Options
    caardvark wrote: »
    It's sort of a trick question. Bookshelf speakers make better center channel speakers than center speakers do. The only drawback is form factor, if you're limited to a short, wide speaker for aesthetics.

One or two LSi7's (or 9's) will give you the best center channel experience, also accounting for perfectly matching your fronts.

Yes and no. Absolutely NO to dual bookies, all kids of imaging problems there. As to using a bookshelf? Maybe. Some say that ideally it would be the same speaker as the left and right, but I was running def tech pm700s LRC, and when I upgraded to the clr3000 (dedicated center) it was a pretty massive improvement. Of course it's a better speaker, but I think the dual miss and the design also made superior. YMMV and imho and all that 😂
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,082
    Options
    Ran dual bookshelf center channels for a long time... One above and below the screen and it performed insanely good... Just saying!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • caardvark
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Absolutely NO to dual bookies, all kids of imaging problems there.
    VR3 wrote: »
    Ran dual bookshelf center channels for a long time... One above and below the screen and it performed insanely good... Just saying!

Yeah, they're centered -- being center speakers -- so there's no imaging issue. (I run mine both above the screen, so there's no variation in distance from the listener.) If you think there's any drawback, you're either doing it wrong or speaking from theory not experience.
    Polk LSi15 fronts, LSi7 dual centers, Linn AV5110 sides, Polk RT15i rears, Emotiva UMC-200 pre/pro, 2x Carver M-1.0t MkII & 2x AudioSource Amp 100, Crown XLS1500 & Dayton 18" sub.
  • VR3
    Options
    He is absolutely right, running them side by side horizontally would definitely have some negative results.

I am sure if I ran sweeps of my above and below setup it had some odd anomalies but it still sounded pretty sweet!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • caardvark
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    He is absolutely right, running them side by side horizontally would definitely have some negative results.

If there's anything there, I've never met anyone with a good enough ear to detect it. (Don't point the speakers straight ahead. I could see that creating imaging issues. Toe them out so every seating position is targeted, and so there is minimal interaction between the two.)
    I am sure if I ran sweeps of my above and below setup it had some odd anomalies but it still sounded pretty sweet!

I think that's the key. If it sounds great, who cares what sensitive equipment may or may not measure?
  • VR3
    Options
    That literally sums up this hobby in a nut shell lol

vs3f2xncnnyg.jpg