Rt1000 subs clicking an/off

Options
Good morning
I have a pair of rt1000 floor standing speakers with powered subs built in.
I really enjoy the speakers and subs.

My annoyance is the subs turn on (relay clicks) when there is a bigger demand for subs. And relays click off when there is no demand for a sub.

In a quiet movie when there is an explosion the subs click in in the middle of explosion and bass comes out a second later.

When listening to music they keep clicking on/off depending on demand for lows.

Even with receiver off when I walk close to speakers barefoot on a wooden floor relays click in occasionally.

Is there a way or tweak to keep relays to subs on when I use receiver? I am an electrician and I am good with soldering and tweaking. I have Yamaha tsr 700 receiver

Thank you in advance

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,518
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to the Polk forum. I've emailed you the schematic for the amplifier. In all likelihood the problem is related to the circuit protection area.
    Good luck!
  • eldario
    eldario Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you . Speakers work fine when music is set to high and there is constant demand for lows . It has been like this for since I got them
    I thought this is a normal (annoying) operation
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Are you feeding a full range signal or a filtered signal to the bass section?
  • eldario
    Options
    I use 2 speakers only using speaker wire. My settings on receiver in this setup are ‘no sub’ front speakers Large. So I assume this is unfiltered
    I also tried connecting with rca and removing jumpers from speakers . I assume this is filtered
    I got same results with relays clicking
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    The bass section of the speakers has a built in low pass filter so connecting it with a full range signal is the best method. I believe you have it connected correctly.
  • ParkerRamos
    Options
    Welcome to the forum, I am also new here.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,987
    Options
    eldario wrote: »
    I use 2 speakers only using speaker wire. My settings on receiver in this setup are ‘no sub’ front speakers Large. So I assume this is unfiltered
    I also tried connecting with rca and removing jumpers from speakers . I assume this is filtered
    I got same results with relays clicking

Probably time to say bye bye to those amps. Maybe these would fit?

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-SA70-70W-Subwoofer-Amplifier-300-784?quantity=1
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • eldario
    edited April 24
    Options
    I like these speakers too much to tell them bye bye .
    I bet all I have to do is bypass relays and install new 120v relays on a power cord turned on by a trigger out of Yamaha receiver

How does that trigger work ? 12 volt when receiver is on ?

And I install these guys

https://a.co/d/8Eb37wR
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    Options
    He's suggesting you replace the speaker's amps, not the speakers. I agree.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• eldario
    Options
    Ok, I read better now . The recommended amps plate will have different dimensions than polks . I ordered original relays to swap . tru-12vdc-fb-cl is part number . I replaced 1 cap some time ago because one swollen and speaker was buzzing. I will replace the remaining caps.