tonyp063
tonyp063 Posts: 1,048

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    Options
    R.I.P.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,610
    Options
    Bummer, thanks for the great tunes!
    He played on the last The Pretty Reckless album, it was a great tune! I'll crank it up tonight
    R.I.P.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,976
    Options
    :'(
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,287
    Options
    😯 Danf. RIP
    Sal Palooza
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 214
    edited April 18
    Options
    He was a great musician. R.I.P.

Dickey at the height of his superpowers...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUXRjfHoVl4&list=LL&index=160
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,610
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Bummer, thanks for the great tunes!
    He played on the last The Pretty Reckless album, it was a great tune! I'll crank it up tonight
    R.I.P.

Well, I fouled this, it was not Dickey Betts, it was Warren Haynes who played on The Pretty Reckless, Who you selling for album.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,480
    Options
    RIP
    Thanks for the music
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,639
    Options
    RIP, another great one gone.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,084
    Options
    RIP Dickey Betts

A few items from the AJC this morning:

5xjt4dqb52kp.png
    Dickey Betts, a founding member of the Allman Brothers Band, exits the funeral of Gregg Allman at Snow's Memorial Chapel, June 3, 2017, in Macon, Ga. Guitar legend Betts, who co-founded the Allman Brothers Band and wrote their biggest hit, “Ramblin’ Man,” died Thursday, April 18, 2024. He was 80.

sfyunpvyswk3.png
    MACON — In the hours after Allman Brothers Band member Dickey Betts died, word of his passing hadn’t yet spread to tourists visiting the Big House, the Tudor-style mansion-turned-museum where the group once lived and, half a century ago, birthed some of its most celebrated music.

As the story goes, Betts, a guitar-playing extraordinaire and Southern Rock pioneer, wrote “Blue Sky” in the living room and, in the kitchen, crafted the band’s biggest commercial hit, “Ramblin’ Man,” late one night. “Or,” as museum director Richard Brent put it, “early one morning.”

This Middle Georgia city famous for its music holds dear the stars it has reared. In ways, it is as if the Allman Brothers never departed. Reminders and relics of the band and its members are on street signs, on walls, in the H&H restaurant, where proprietor “Mama” Louise Hudson took a shine to the fledgling rockers and allowed them to pay for their meals when they could.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rose Hill Cemetery is 50-acres of history, art, nature and stories
    Opened in 1840, Simri Rose, a horticulturist and designer -- who was instrumental in the planning of the city of Macon -- planned Rose Hill Cemetery in return for being able to choose his own place of rest amongst the beauty. It was a frequent hangout, as well as artistic inspiration, for the Allman Brothers Band!

Duane, Gregg, Butch Trucks and Berry Oakley are interred here and many continue to visit and pay their respects to these legendary musicians here today.

tjc5u9o6scyp.png
    Brothers Duane and Gregg Allman are buried, alongside Oakley, in Rose Hill Cemetery not far from
    where the Ocmulgee River wends beneath I-75′s junction with I-16.

qn469yg4l6zu.png
    Little Martha Monument - The song, "Little Martha", first appeared as the final studio track on the Allman Brothers Band's fourth album, Eat a Peach, released in 1972. The track was recorded in October 1971, a few weeks before Duane Allman's death in a motorcycle accident.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,764
    Options
    Many great songs, R.I.P.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    RIP :'(
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,915
    Options
    R.I.P. , one of my favorite groups when I was in college.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,018
    Options
    RIP Dicky.

Ramblin Man sure is a great song you wrote!

I played their albums as much as Lynyrd Skynyrds albums. They seem to go together quite well back in the good dope days.

I lived 20 miles from town so I had time to listen before work and coming home. The weekends, well, country life was pretty good.

Also, I lived way out in the country in Va. and would just drive around with a friend drinking a few and listening to music of the 70s and talking memories and plans as to what's up for get-togethers with others.

GREAT TIMES.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    😢 RIP Dickey.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus