Phono specific cables

Options
What are you using? What do you like? Are they preferred over regular interconnects?
Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
Discogs

Comments

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,670
    Options
    I had been using a Furutech for the past 5+ years up until a week ago. I was happy with the Furutech up until I replaced all my cables in the last 18 months.

After talking with Marvin at Southwest Audiofest about Crystal Clear Cables I gave Mel a call and he built me a Magnum Opus 2 with WBT terminators. I only have about 6 hours on it but am liking what I am hearing.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,136
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I’ll check these out.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    @F1nut I just added a pair of the silver signature RCA-RCA to my system between the DAC and the Preamp and I like them a lot! Better than the Wireworld Eclipse 8's I was running.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,456
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,528
    edited April 15
    Options
    I've had some success with DH Labs.
    https://silversonic.com/products/phono-cables/

Cable break-in deniers should give these a try.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,376
    edited April 15
    Options
    My turntable came with a high quality 5 pin DIN plug silver cable to connect to the phono preamp. I haven't felt a need to replace it with something different and the connector limits options anyway. Kimber Silver Streak from phono preamp to the preamp. Short run to avoid possible routing issues near power cords or other gear.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    I have two, one for each vpi.

Audioquest Jaguar on the Avenger/Lyra Etna
    Audioquest WEL on Hw40 Black/Airtight Opus 1
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound