Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC

Options
DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,481
If your primary focus is spinning discs or your ripped library consists of 44.1Khz flac, here's your huckleberry. Bought here: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/192141/modded-adcom-gda-600?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=gda-600

Same condition as I received it. Have the box too. No longer needed since getting the Cambridge 851N from @gyosa. Since BK was so generous with the pricing of the 851N, let do $150 shipped, ConUS. I can take pics if you'd like.

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,945
    Options
    That is a steal!!
  • lovetunes
    lovetunes Posts: 1
    Options
    Would love to buy from you. I just joined to buy your listing. Will PM, let me know what I need to do to help close the deal.
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Sorry, established members only.
  • bugsnt
    bugsnt Posts: 77
    Options
    I’m interested but I’ve been primarily a silent member. Don’t know if i qualify, let me know if I do.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,622
    Options
    Ahhh, you're sooooo close! And I would've thought with a name like bugsnot, @msg could've gotten those last 26 posts out of you!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • stubby2
    stubby2 Posts: 40
    Options
    PM sent.
    Polk SDA SRS 2A
    Aragon 8008X3
    Aragon Soundstage
    Multiple Digital Sources
  • DaveHo
    Options
  • bugsnt
    Options
    @DaveHo
    Thanks - Looking forward to a listen to one of these vintage dacs
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    The modded one's sound really, really good. I modded the one I had and was impressed. I sold it long ago. Who knows this might have been mine. I don't remember its sales history...lol

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • DaveHo
    Options
    @heiney9 yep this is the one you modded.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    @heiney9 yep this is the one you modded.

Glad to see it's going strong and making the rounds.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • bugsnt
    Options
    @DaveHo - Thanks for the wonderful packing job on the DAC!

I spent the better part of this past weekend listening to my tunes with the GDA-600 inserted into my system and I'm amazed!

Will try to keep this in the Polk Family when it's time to move on but it won't be any time soon.

• dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 561
    Options
    I thought that looked familiar! Great DAC, enjoy!
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables