Spectacular Customer Service from Polk

Options
I've been a Polk Forum member since 2007, and have owned every model of RT's ever made. I have a complete LSiM setup now in my HT, one in my Keeping Room, another in our Great Room, and over a dozen pairs of Polk in-wall and/or in-ceiling speakers inside and outside of our home.

In 2018 I added two pairs of RC80i's to my HT setup for Atmos overheads. One set was damaged in shipping so I ordered another pair to install and complete my project. I never got around to returning them. They wound up in a closet, and were eventually forgotten until I was cleaning out 'stuff' a couple weeks ago.

I opened up a box to find what was left of the original, damaged box and re-remembered that the tweeters and grilles were damaged. The tweeters got the worst of it, though.

Well aware that the warranty was loooong expired, I reached out to Polk CS via email to see if I could buy the parts to repair the speakers. Thought I might be able to swap out the damaged tweeters and maybe replace/upgrade a smaller set of in-ceiling speakers with them.

After Polk requested and received the serial numbers and a copy of the 2018 Amazon receipt, I promptly received a zero-dollar invoice for a replacement pair of RC80i's. Soon thereafter I got an email confirming their shipment.

They arrived in a couple days (the box, but not the speakers was damaged this time, too...)

Now, there is absolutely no way I expected Polk to do this. Warranty long expired, shipping damage that I didn't claim at the time, but Polk made it all MORE than right.

That's how you delight the customer.
My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
Polk LSiM 707 L-C-R, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 705 rears
Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
Denon X3700H
Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
Panasonic UB-420 4k player
HD-A35 HD DVD
Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
JVC DLA-RS2000/NX7 projector
Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers

Comments

• CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options
    After all the people who come here complaining (many rightfully so, not trying to knock them), I love to see this. That really is great customer service. Judging by this and your FS post you’ve probably given the company a lot of money, nice to see they treated you right.