Musical Fidelity - last of the best

Options
jdjohn
jdjohn Posts: 3,004
My understanding is that the Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista series came before the Tri-Vista series, but both are considered in high regard. Is one regarded better than the other? My understanding, again, is that the Nu-Vista series utilizes a different 'tube' than the Tri-Vista series. Is one considered better than the other?

Full disclosure: my MF Nu-Vista Vinyl phonostage is the best I have heard.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    Options
    I think there are more than one series that use the NuVista description. The original had gold color knobs. The M3 Integrated was in that series and I recall it was thought to have a higher standard of build quality compared to the later Trivista, especially with the metalwork of the case and knobs. Sound wise? Circuit wise? I can't say since I've not had my hands on either. Power output has steadily risen from those MuFi amps. I think there is a new NuVista series (maybe current line). I don't know anything about those. I try not to look anymore...
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    In order of production
    Nu-vista 300
    Tri-Vista 300
    kW 500
    kW550
    Nu-Vista 800
    Nu-Vista 800.2

IMO, the original Nu-Vista looked gaudy. The Tri-Vista looks more refined with a special finish. The kW integrateds have a more industrial appearance. The latest Nu-Vista's also have an industrial appearance, but a but softer. All of them are very well built with a sublime sound.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    The tri vista is a fantastic series. I will say the kw750 was a dramatic leap over the tri vista integrated but it's slightly apples to oranges considering one is an integrated and the other a super high powered amp
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.