RTA 12B vs RTA 12C

Options
I have a pair of RTA 12Bs with peerless tweeters that I plan to restore the crossovers on. What are the differences between the RTA 12B and RTA 12C? Does it make sense to try and upgrade the 12B to 12C? I've noticed it's possible to biamp them as well, has anyone ever done this?

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    The C uses the SL2000 tweeter, so stay with and upgrade the crossovers you have.

Bi-amping requires two entirely separate amplifiers and active crossovers. Anything else isn't bi-amping. Forget you ever thought about it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Sitka
    Sitka Posts: 74
    Options
    I have the RTA 2B's and while it was a big and expensive project to upgrade, the results were worth it. The soundstage is only average, but the sound (on well recorded and mastered hi-res music) is crystal clear and lifelike. I think the unique crossover + the outboard top mounted tweeter makes this model Polk's most musical speaker.