I have the opportunity to switch out my LSI15's for LSIM707's. Is it worth the upgrade?

Options
The LSI15's have been very good to me. I have a chance to get some LSIM707's. I have not heard them yet, but is the upgrade worth it?

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    The lsi15 is an easier speaker to service long term
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    I think most people would say that the 707 is the better speaker, but Trey (VR3) brings up something to consider.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    I am one of the few that didn't consider the 707 and upgrade. A different sound yes but, I didn't think it was an upgrade. To me it comes down to personal preference on sound.

Now the LSI15 subwoofer upgrade, that was noticeable if you were already happy with the LSI15 sound.

What are you looking for sound wise that the LSI15 is not giving you?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    it comes down to personal preference on sound.

^^^^ This....

I upgraded my RTiA9's to the 707's.......Too laid back for me. I went back to the forward sound of the A9's.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I’d be worried about tweeter issues on the 707. There are no replacements and you have paper weights unless you get lucky and find some cheap donors (or free in my case). I’d keep the devil you know
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Wait until Polk has another 50% off sale on Legends
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Wait until Polk has another 50% off sale on Legends

That will be a long wait. They can't get the drivers for the speakers as it is ...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Patience is a virtue, grasshopper
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    Options
    I love my LSiM series speakers, have yet to have any issues, better yet I have never had any issues with any of my Polk speakers, IMO you have to be abusing them to have these issues, even tweeter issues.

I have owned The RT Series, the RT55i’s being the mains, The RTi Series, the A9’s being the mains, The LSiM Series, the 707’s being the mains, I have never had one issue with any of them..

I also have the L800’s not one issue..

Even with all the SDA’s that have come through here not one issue..

My point is I don’t know what some people are doing, but my guess is most of the time the issue is not a Polk issue, it’s the people that own them.

No different than someone that owns a Pitbull, it’s the owners responsibility on how that dog is raised..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    No different than someone that owns a Pitbull, it’s the owners responsibility on how that dog is raised..
    Or German Shepherd or Rottweiler or Labrador or, or, or.....
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 478
    edited April 20
    Options
    Got them all and to me LSiM (including 707) blows away LSi. Lights out and the speakers disappear. You’re left with an amazing sonic experience. 91yhpy5pamo6.jpeg
    klv7xqkuqquv.jpeg
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100 | 150” Elite Screen Acoustic Pro UHD
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte | Roku TV
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | Fire TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine