what's this i hear about you guys redesigning the MOMO subs??

Options
JustinGoodie
JustinGoodie Posts: 18
edited May 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
first off, i work at a store that sells Polk (very proud to say that) and i currently have a set of MOMO 10's in my car, and i need some 12's because i'm getting a new car, so i called up polk today to find out how i can get them at my special employee deal, but they said that i can't order any MOMO subs right now, because they're redesigning them and they will be available in June.... i would like some information about what's being done to them, and if possible, some pictures and such.

on another thread, the grilles that were in the demo protege were being discussed, and apparently, they will be out in July. are you guys at polk doing a lot of design changes, and if so, let all of us loyal Polk customers and retail associates know what's coming up.
Post edited by JustinGoodie on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited April 2002
    Options
    redesigning!?!
    man i just bought my mm120s and theyre already going to be out-of-date...
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited May 2002
    Options
    As discused in another thread, the Momo subs will be available in boxes, and with grills. The subs that will be in these boxes are different than the current (or up until now current) subs, but they share the same basket. We showed the new sub box in Rob's WRX at Spring Break, and I'll have pictures up on the installs page soon showing the new woofers in the Civic and Protege. The components will be pretty much the same, with minor cosmetic changes. As the time of realease draws near I'm sure you'll find all info about the line on our site.
  • JustinGoodie
    JustinGoodie Posts: 18
    edited May 2002
    Options
    just wanted to make everyone aware that there are pics on the installs of the new design.... in the civic....personally, i think they look badass.

thom, just so we're clear, they will either be sold already put into a box, or by themselves including those grilles????? am i correct on this?

they simply look amazing with those grilles and that color scheme
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited May 2002
    Options
    They'll come in a box with the grill, but if you buy them seperately I think you'll need to buy the grills as well. I don't think the raw drivers will be packaged with the grills.