Nice Yamaha C80 preamp

Options
geppy1
geppy1 Posts: 3,071
edited May 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale is a nice Yamaha C80 preamp. This unit was made by Yamaha in the mid 80s and sold for around $700. This unit is in very nice shape and works well The faceplate is very nice with on mark on the top edge above the power button and there are some scratches on top. All lights and functions work as they should Sometimes one has to repush a source button to get full output if the unit is left sitting for a while A little deoxit would take care of that but it is so minor I did not bother.
Features bass, treble with variable turnovers and bandwidth controls, continuous loudness,subsonic filter, mono, stereo, tone bypass, -20db muting, mono/stereo switch, record out selector and many options for your turntable. Has inputs for 2 turntables (MM/MC) 2 tape decks, aux and DAD. as well as preamp outs. Very heavy and well built with a very solid feel to the controls The door works as it should. Asking $200 Thanks
005.jpg 520.4K
006.jpg 526.4K
008.jpg 509.7K
009.jpg 511.4K
012.jpg 526.3K
Post edited by geppy1 on

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Very very nice Keith I wish i had to coin. I miss mine someone else liked it much more than me as they stole it in broad daylight.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,174
    edited May 2013
    Options
    geppy, how would the Yamaha C80 match with a Parasound HCA 1200 power amp? I bought a used Parasound HCA 1200 power amp a few months ago and have been looking around for a pre amp for it. Ideally, I'd like to get a Parasound 2100 pre amp and have been looking and looking for one of those but they are hard to find. I have looked everywhere the past few months for a Parasound 2100 pre (CL, ebay, audio sites, even put a Wanted post on this site) but haven't had any luck. I like Yamaha and have some great vintage Yamaha receivers, such as the CR 2020 and CR 2040, but I am not familiar with Yamaha pre amps. I am curious about the C80 although, to be honest, I think I will probably continue to search for a Parasound 2100 pre, but I still would appreciate any additional information about the C80 you could share. Thanks.
  • pitdogg2
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That is a damn nice pre-amp and would work well. I'll also mention Keith is a stand up guy.
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I guess my take having worked in the biz and heard many things as well as having owned Adcom, Rotel , NAD, Plinius, Bel Canto and on and on is that the lower to mid Parasound gear to me sounds very slightly grainy. Very slight. The older Yamaha is smoother and more full. Built like a tank also.That is just my experience with my gear.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,174
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Thanks, geppy. It sounds nice and I will consider it. Does the $200 price include shippping?
    If not, can you please let me know how much shipping would be to zip code 12010 (Amsterdam, NY, where I work).
    Thanks again.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Great preamp, I ran a C-80 for over a decade---loved it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 817
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Very nice pre. I had a M-80, C-80 and T-80 for a couple years. The amp and tuner were nice., but the pre was the best piece of the bunch. Lots of flexibility on the phono input, and I really like the parametric EQ controls.
    My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L-C-R, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 705 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS2000/NX7 projector
    Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 23
    Options
    @JCox51
    You cannot sell here without at least 100 posts and a contributing member to the forum.

Reported