I'm looking for advice on a Polk ES10 ceiling mount

Options
Hi everyone: can anyone tell me a ceiling mount suitable for the Polk es10 without piercing the speakers? Thank you!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Those are NOT ceiling speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Itanium
    Itanium Posts: 11
    Options

I know very well that they were not born as ceiling speakers, but that doesn't mean you can't put them on the ceiling as atmos speakers without having to use in-wall speakers
  • Itanium
    Options
    @F1nut Suggestions for atmos speakers with relative support suitable for hanging them in the ceiling?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    There are several companies that make aftermarket speaker mounting brackets, while most are designed for wall mounting some can be used for ceiling. If it were me I would consider the type that used a speaker mounting plate that gets attached to the cabinet as the most secure. The other type that uses arms that grip the sides would always worry me. A good source of information would be an audio dealer who does custom audio/video installation.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Buy these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/364741432244

And these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B21BNW7Y

I have them mounted on the ceiling and aimed at the listening position. Atmos speakers don't need to be the same brand…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 111
    Options
    I used these brackets with the equivalent of blue tac between the speaker the base and the clamp. I tried using the 1/4 - 20 mounting screw with a different mount and did not think it would hold well. These only tilt about 6-9 degrees, but for my setup they work fine for elevation speakers.

5g0qphwf78e0.png
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • Itanium
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the replies!!!
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    edited February 20
    Options
    I’ve use something similar to the ones @JCL mentioned with good results. I used Velcro instead of blu tac between the speaker and the mount.

B-Tech-BT77
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Itanium
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Thank you, I have buy all this from Amazon Belgium, I will receive tomorrow in Italy. Bye 😊

• rooftop59
    Options
    Itanium wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Thank you, I have buy all this from Amazon Belgium, I will receive tomorrow in Italy. Bye 😊

Let us know how you like the improvement!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    So, not ceiling speakers just high up on the wall.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    So, not ceiling speakers just high up on the wall.

I have a two story house. There is no reasonable (cost-efficient) way to retrofit in-ceiling speakers. But I wanted down-firing atmos height speakers. I found this to be the best option, and it's sounds pretty dang awesome. Come on over, I'll grill you a killer skirt steak and we'll enjoy a demo!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    What’s the difference between a wall mounted (or ceiling mounted) speaker, and a dedicated in-ceiling speaker? I should have thought that it was a purely esthetic consideration. 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • rooftop59
    Options
    In-ceiling are typically infinite baffle, but the sound the hits your ears isn't much different for atmos heights. So in that case, it's mostly aesthetic imho...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1