speaker configuration help

Options
Good evening people,
I kindly need your help, I have little experience and I ask you experts to avoid making mistakes:
I composed my home theater in a room measuring 6x3 meters
with: marantz cinema70 amplifier, central + front side polk es35, rear surround es10, sub woofer polk hts10.
after the audyssey calibration I find the crossovers adjusted like this:
es35 central 60hz
es35 front 80hz
es10 rear 80hz
sub 120hz

all in all I'm amazed by the improvement with my old Harman Kardon, much warmer and deeper, lots of details that I didn't hear before, I'm very satisfied.
the thing that I don't like and would like to improve is the sound of speech, if I leave everything as regulated by audyssey it sounds a bit boomy and not very clear, how can I improve it?
I apologize for any errors, Google Translator helps me, I write from Italy, thanks to those who provide me with useful information

Comments

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the forum.
    You have multiple options.
    Bring the crossover frequency for the sub down.
    Use more than one sub.
    Also if you are willing to pay then Audyssey has an app for your Windows computer to help you improve the Audyssey EQ.

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9P0SMVDTVHQJ?rtc=1&hl=en-us&gl=US
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited February 9
    Options
    Your issue isn't with the crossover settings, it's with the dB levels.

Go into the Audyssey calibration program and adjust the dB levels. For example, turn up the dB level of the center channel in order to hear the voices better.

I have one question though, why are you using the ES35 center channel speaker for the left and right fronts? You should be using something like the ES20.

Translated.
    Il tuo problema non riguarda le impostazioni del crossover, ma i livelli in dB.

Accedi al programma di calibrazione Audyssey e regola i livelli dB. Ad esempio, alza il livello in dB del canale centrale per sentire meglio le voci.

Ho una domanda però: perché stai utilizzando l'altoparlante del canale centrale ES35 per i frontali sinistro e destro? Dovresti usare qualcosa come ES20.
    Post edited by F1nut on
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk