RIP Toby Keith…

Options
Toby Keith has passed from stomach cancer at age 62. Thanks for the music and your unwavering support of our troops.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    Seen that, not my cup of music but he was a great entertainer.
    R.I.P.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    R.I.P.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Was a great entertainer and huge supporter of our troops overseas. RIP Toby.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    R I P
    Randy/Maine
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Oh man....he definitely had some good tunes, loved the troops....R.I.P sir.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    R.I.P. Toby. A true American who supported our military. He will be missed.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    I watched this January 5 interview a few weeks ago. Worth 10 mins of your time.

https://youtu.be/GneWCizQ3Xs?si=sHffyqZPDWCgh4Sz
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    RIP
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    edited February 8
    Options
    RIP Toby Keith.

I have mentioned Bremen GA in some of my posts a few times over the years. I consider Bremen my hometown in west Georgia about 50 miles west of Atlanta. Bremen is also the hometown of Harold Shedd the Nashville music producer who discovered Toby Keith and many other major country music stars including Loretta Lynn and Shania Twain

As a hobby in 2012, my first cousin (Randall Redding) started a music venue in Bremen called "Mill Town Music Hall". In the 1950's thru the 1960's, Bremen was the home to several major clothing companies for men; hence the name "Mill Town".

On August 23rd, 2012, Mill Town hosted a tribute to Nashville producer/record executive Harold Shedd. This tribute featured several artists with whom Shedd had worked during his career including Alabama, Mel Tillis, and Toby Keith. A special area of the venue was dedicated to Harold Shedd and a highway was named in his honor.

Harold Shedd was a boyhood friend of my uncle (Gerald Redding) and was always around the people and family in Bremen. After retiring, Harold Shedd returned to Bremen and was instrumental in the list of entertainers who have appeared at the music venue.

This list includes Loretta Lynn, Kenny Loggins, The Charlie Daniels Band, Sara Evans, Juice Newton, Charley Pride, The Gaither Vocal Band, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Tanya Tucker, The Oak Ridge Boys, The Temptations and more. Mill Town primarily hosts concerts by Classic Country, ’90s Country, Motown, Classic Pop/Rock, Bluegrass, and Gospel artists.

The Mill Town Music House ceased operation in 2022 when Randall Redding died of Lou Gehrig's disease.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the text of how Toby Keith was discovered from Atlanta News First

Bremen man who discovered Toby Keith shares how the country icon was made
    k8miundq8xyh.png
    Harold Shedd, a multi-platinum producer who lives in Bremen, is credited for discovering the late country music icon Toby Keith.

By Abby Kousouris
    Published: Feb. 7, 2024 at 8:56 PM EST|Updated: 15 hours ago

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - Toby Keith is among the greatest country music icons.

Keith died Monday night after battling stomach cancer for over two years, according to a statement on his website.

Harold Shedd, the man credited for discovering the late country star, is a multi-platinum producer who lives in Bremen.

Shedd said a flight attendant slipped him a cassette tape with some of Keith’s songs on a flight from Los Angeles to Nashville.

“I was a little in awe,” said Shedd, who couldn’t believe those songs were floating around Nashville and no one had made a record with them.

“I was so impressed that I got on another plane that same day and flew to hear him in a hotel bar. The rest is history.”

Shedd signed Toby Keith to Mercury Records in Nashville, Tennessee.

A terrific video of Shedd showing some of his stuff on wall

https://www.atlantanewsfirst.com/2024/02/08/bremen-man-who-discovered-toby-keith-shares-how-country-icon-was-made/

(The only person I have ever mentioned Harold Shedd and the Mill Town Music Hall to is jdjohn since he lives in Nashville)
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    God speed. Great human being who played fun music; more importantly he supported our military. God bless.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2