The Great Purge of '24

Options
DaveHo
DaveHo Posts: 3,481
edited January 31 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have a bunch of gear I'm sitting on which I've come come realize will keep sitting unused. Time to pass them on. Listed price includes shipping in the continental US except those marked local pickup, zip is 19606. I could ship those but don't have proper materials and the shipping would likely make it cost prohibited. Paypal F&F please. If you have less than 100 posts, don't waste your time or mine. Will post pics later. Too much to take pics now. Obviously will send anybody interested pics. All items are mint. I am religiously meticulous. OK, here we go.

Oppo BDP-103: $300
Used this to rip my SACD collection then got placed in a secondary system where it went largely unused. Includes everything. Remote, manual, wifi dongle, USB dock, power cord, box.

Oppo PM-3 Headphones: $200
Used these in a work rig pre-Covid. Mostly work from home now, so don't have a use. The ear pads are in excellent shape. Includes an extra pair of unused pads which I bought when Oppo was closing down their player/audio lines.

Pangea AC-14 SE,1m: $50
Looks brand new.

Schiit Asgard 2: $160
Used this to power the Oppo PM-3 headphones. Selling for the same reason. Can also be used as a single source pre-amp. Sounds excellent in both applications.

SMSL M8 DAC: $100
Work headphone rig again. I really like this DAC.

Welborne Labs PS: $70
Again part of the work headphone rig. Used to power the SMSL M8. 9V output.

FXAudio D502 DAC/Amp; $50
Bought his for a desktop set-up. Never really used it.

Aura AST-2B-04 bass shaker: $50
Tried this for a time then we got new furniture and never got around to re-attaching it. Liked it.

Wuhan SL2500 Domes(3): $20
Bought these to rehab an SL-2500. Got lazy and just bought a working SL-2500. Will include the SL-2500 I was rehabbing which currently has the dome glued, but un-soldered. No ferrofluid in the gap.

Local Sale Items

Soundcraftsmen DX4100 Preamp: $225
Functions as it should. All sliders operate.

Soundcraftsmen Pro-Power Three Amp: $125
Cooling fan not working

Panamax M5100-EX: $80

Cambridge Audio Azur 640Av2: $125

Again, all mint in appearance and operation except where noted.

Will happily send pics.

Woo, that's all folks.
Post edited by DaveHo on

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    Options
    Killer Prices Dave,

GLWTS..
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    Does your Oppo 103 have the firmware modification to rip SACDs still?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• DaveHo
    Options
    I have not upgraded the firmware since I ripped them. So, yes.
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 675
    Options
    Based on personal experience, Dave takes very good care of his equipment. Buy with confidence ;) The Ascend Acoustics speakers I purchased from him were in excellent condition.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited February 1
    Options
    Lots of nice goodies here, Dave, and I agree, very nicely priced, all.

I can use the Pangea if not yet spoken for. PM'ing. Even though I'm still AM'ing.

Looking to see if I have anything I can use the Welborne on. I always wanted to try one on my SBTs, but those are 5v. Edit - no 9v stuff here, unfortunately.

Side note: That Asgard 2 is a nice piece. I bought mine from @Clipdat years ago, and still use it regularly.

I like using the Schiit headphone amps as the anchor piece for desktop audio, where I use both powered speakers, like the Audioengine HD3, and headphones. The Asgard 2 also functions as a preamp and can be used as the front end with powered speakers. And being a headphone amp, it works well for easily switching from speakers to headphones in a jiff. Runs hot, and that's by design. $160's a steal for this piece.
    I disabled signatures.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Hmm... some really tempting items here at great prices Dave! I'm in PA too, so it's a double-whammy. Seriously considering your headphone rig. I've been (sort of) thinking of getting a DAC, but haven't yet. I'm a procrastinator!

Curious what Drew @Clipdat thinks of the Asgard 2 vs. the XDuoo TA-20 I purchased from him a few years ago. I'm still using the Sennheiser HD6xx that I also stole bought from Drew, but always wanted to try planar cans...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Mmmmm Panamax......
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Pangea is sold.
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Oppo bdp-103 sold.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    What color are the PM-3s? Lots of deals up for grabs GLWTS.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • DaveHo
    Options
    They are black.
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Oppo headphones, Schiit, SMSL, & Welborne pending.
  • msg
    Options
    Pangea power cable arrived so fast it still had lektrissity in it and the tail end of the last song played!

I disabled signatures.
  • DaveHo
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Pangea power cable arrived so fast it still had lektrissity in it and the tail end of the last song played!

👍 I'll be sure to put that extra $0.67 towards the group buy. I get first dibs!
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Well, the Soundcraftsmen pre and amp sold locally today. This one is a bit bittersweet, but the buyer was definitely a man after my own heart. We talked shop for awhile, and they are going to a good home. I know these pieces are not widely sought after, but they sound damn good. When I was a teenager, with more aspirations than money there was a local shop not more than a mile from my house. Phoenix Hi-Fi! The owner endulged me and I spent countless hours listening to gear I could not possibly afford. This pair was bought from the same shop!
  • msg
    Options
    That's a neat story, Dave. I enjoy reading histories and background on how people came to acquire stereo toys, and experiences and stories in use.

That Soundcrsftsmen DX4100 seems a bit unique. How does that Differential Comparator section work? Is it for balancing signal output to tune minor imbalance or something?

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/158321-soundcraftsmen-cx4100-preamp/
    I disabled signatures.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    Geez don't you have anything good for sale? :p
    GLWTS, if shipping wasn't so expensive to Canada I'd try that oppo BDP.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Geez don't you have anything good for sale? :p
    GLWTS, if shipping wasn't so expensive to Canada I'd try that oppo BDP.

We could always "drop" ship it....My buddy is a pilot.....
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Met up with Dave this past weekend to purchase the Oppo headphones, Schiit amp, S.M.S.L DAC, and Wellborne PS.

Wish we had more time to chat about audio, but I was already late! Dave is a great guy, and fantastic seller and even sweetened the deal a bit with some added extras (which was a very nice surprise).

It would be an understatement to say that all the gear was in excellent condition. I would be hard pressed to say they weren't in "brand new" condition. Packaged perfectly, with all accessories - just not sealed.

I finally had an opportunity to get this setup in my home office. Very happy with this new rig. Enjoying the detail and warmth of the sound! I'm sure I could step up my game with a better source for music (currently just using Spotify). Now I just need to get a better set if ICs (12" or so) to clean up the cables a bit.

Buy with confidence. I'm surprised this all hasn't sold yet!
  • DaveHo
    edited March 3
    Options
    All gone except for the bass shaker and the sl-2500 domes along with the partially refurbished tweeter. Now reduced to a karma. I pay shipping. Unless you feel like throwing me a bone.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Met up with Dave this past weekend…

au17c6wq4ogc.gif
    Alea jacta est!