Vintage Sunfire

Options
LeftCoast
LeftCoast Posts: 406
edited December 2023 in Electronics
A friend of mine in the Chicago area is selling his Sunfire Cinema Signature amp (400 - 7 ch)

It works, but I'll probably want to get it looked just to make sure.

Is it worth it for $1,000?

Best Answer

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is, and if you pass on it I am interested
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Answers

• honestaquarian
    Options
    I've had that same one that I got used for a decade and it's still pumping out the watts! Get it!!!
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Correction I have a five channel signature. If you can get the seven channel for that price jump on it!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Has the amp been recapped yet? Did he say if it has any low level hum to it?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    Amazing amp that pumps out incredible power and barely gets warm. I have the 400 x 5. I hope you picked it up!

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Dang!! Bill Flannery retired two years ago due to health issues. That guy was one of the nicest and most knowledgeable (as he built Sunfire products new) in the business. I called him and 3 hours later we were still talking about Sunfire and Bob.
    What a guy!