PSW505 power supply

Options
I'm hoping to reach someone at Polk that can help on this. I filed an incident with customer service for a non-functioning PSW505 still under warranty. I have gone through the troubleshooting steps that they suggested and we have determined that the driver is faulty. However, while I had the back board off the box I measured the outputs of the power supply board. The -15V and +15V outputs are fine, but the +57V and -57V outputs are measuring -15V and 0V respectively, which I assume indicates a problem in the power supply. I have passed this information on to the customer service person, but it seems that they are confusing power supply with power cable. Their second last message indicated that they are shipping me a new driver and gasket as well as a power cable. I responded that the power cable is fine, that the power supply is the defective item, but they replied that "We only have one power cord part number for the PSW505 and this is the one included in your shipping".

Is someone from Polk monitoring this forum that can help me make myself understood to customer service?

Many thanks in advance...

Comments