SurroundBar SDA IHT

Options
packfootball
packfootball Posts: 3
I'm a newbie here, so be easy on me. I just hooked this up can't seem to get Subwoofer to come on. I also keep getting a blinking orange light all the time. I have checked fuse for Sub, looks fine. I'm extremely confused here, buy the easiest system to buy and still screw it up.:o Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
Post edited by packfootball on

Comments

• superjunior
    superjunior Posts: 1,632
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm not familliar with the sda iht. this is a wireless sub, yes? is the orange blinking light on the surround bar or the sub? Are you not getting power to the sub or just no sound from it? orange blinking light usually indicates a fault condition. a little more info would be helpfull to isolate the problem. welcome to club polk
    jr
    panasonic th-50pz85u
    pioneer elite vsx-92txh
    pioneer elite bdp-05fd
    emotiva xpa-3
    monster power hdp 2550
    sa 8300 hd dvr
    sda 2b's
    fronts - rti a9's
    center - csi a6
    surrounds - fxi a6's
    sub - polk dsw pro 600
    harmony one
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Can you change the wireless channel for the sub and surroundbar? If so - are they on the same channel? If you plug the sub in near the surround bar (just as a test) does it sync correctly or still the flashing orange light?

Good luck,

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • kcoc321
    kcoc321 Posts: 1,788
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think Michael hit it..
    per the manual, wireless sub and SoundBar must be on the same chanel...
    each have a switch on the back.
    See pg 4-5
    http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manuals//home/Instant_Home_Theater.pdf

Also...and Orange blinking light means the SoundBar is in learning mode.
  • packfootball
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've tried every channel setting, still no sound. I actually just unhooked it from the cable box, now I get no sound from soundbar as well. As far as orange light blinking, I get a green light then after a few seconds goes to orange blinking. I'm really getting frustrated with it.:mad:

I've tried unplugging everything as if I was starting from new and get nothing.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2009
    Options
    blinking orange means the SDA bar and subwoofer did not make a wireless connection, how far away is the subwoofer? have you tried is closer?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • kcoc321
    kcoc321 Posts: 1,788
    edited October 2009
    Options
    in reading the trouble shooting section, it talks about interference from other 2.4g signals. Do you have anything close to there with 2.4g?

Also trying them closer is a good idea.

Is your orange blinking light at startup and is it Fast/ rapid? THAT is the code for not communicating. (per manual)
    If as you say, it is later and slower rather than Fast/ then manual says i is them communicating between Soundbar and sub.

But I don't have one....

Sorry for your frustrations...bummer during all the games too... ;(
  • packfootball
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks for all of you that responded, it actually was a defect sub. I returned it yesterday.
  • Duck67
    Duck67 Posts: 2
    Options
    I’m wondering does the soundbar require the sub in order to work? I purchased a used one the other day and the light is blinking orange, i do not have the subwoofer for it.