College Football Playoff

Options
So the committee of old men has to put in Washington, Michigan, FSU, and…..who?? I see arguments for Alabama, Georgia, and Texas. I just wonder if they Scrooge over FSU to get 2 of these other 3 in. Should be interesting….Go Blue!

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    I'm pissed that Penn State is not even in the conversation. Sheesh! 🤣
    It would be a disgrace if FSU isn't in the running. Follow the money...as usual.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    Options
    Feel terrible for FSU, got snubbed. Washington Alum here, gonna be a knife fight with Sark and the Longhorns. Wish it was the rose bowl and not in Texas’ backyard but such is life
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    FSU playing Georgia in the Orange Bowl is a pretty good consolation for a team in a really weak conference.

The SEC champ is usually a good shoe-in choice to be selected in the best four. Good geographic distribution this year.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    FSU playing Georgia in the Orange Bowl is a pretty good consolation for a team in a really weak conference.

The SEC champ is usually a good shoe-in choice to be selected in the best four. Good geographic distribution this year.

Uhmm, the ACC was 6-4 versus the SEC this year.

The SEC champ is a shoo-in due to politics. No way you can leave out FSU this year. They did everything they were asked to do…even won the conference championship game with their 3rd string QB. The SEC bias is maddening.

For the record, I’m not an FSU fan…I actually usually root against them. Doesn’t mean I think they should get screwed.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    edited December 2023
    Options
    ba90yae4jqoq.jpg

Maybe a minor bowl for the Husker's NEXT year! It's been way too long.

Being a Husker fan, of the four, Washington is our least rival.
    Huskers go way back with Alabama and Texas. In a good way (like Oklahoma).

So I guess I'd be happier with either Washington or Michigan as champs.

v3yiep02jnwz.png

At least the girl's women's volleyball team is playing well. :)

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited December 2023
    Options
    So now I'm wondering if the Nebraska womens Volley Ball team has a bigger cup size than the cheerleaders
    IMAPIG
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    ywf2ytufffv4.png

Some more to evaluate. :)
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Cheerleaders win

but I watch pole vaulting

https://youtu.be/MtKxI8eHH5I
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Go Noles
    13-0
    Can't take that away
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    Go Noles
    13-0
    Can't take that away

Go Huskies, also 13-0
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    Options
    FSU won with 1st,2nd,3rd, & freshman Quarterbacks. Definitely a team sport. Name another team that can do that and win.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    engtaz wrote: »
    FSU won with 1st,2nd,3rd, & freshman Quarterbacks. Definitely a team sport. Name another team that can do that and win.

That's exactly what the committee was concerned with. After being depleted at arguably the most important position on the team, QB, it is likely that FSU would have been demolished the remaining 4 teams.

The committee was trying to provide wide with the most competitive matches possible. None the less FSU had a fantastic season.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »

That's exactly what the committee was concerned with. After being depleted at arguably the most important position on the team, QB, it is likely that FSU would have been demolished the remaining 4 teams.

The committee was trying to provide wide with the most competitive matches possible. None the less FSU had a fantastic season.

(1) Nobody is going to demolish FSU with that defense.
    (2) Their 2nd string QB would be back for the playoff with several weeks of practice as QB1.
    (3) Nice of the committee to decide FSU wasn’t worthy even though they proved otherwise on the field.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

(2) Their 2nd string QB would be back for the playoff with several weeks of practice as QB1.
    (3) Nice of the committee to decide FSU wasn’t worthy even though they proved otherwise on the field.

They beat everyone except the CFP committee......
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I thought maybe the NCAA would straighten out the problem of having too many top teams for four slots a little bit by adding teams to the playoffs for the 2024 season. Nope...looks worse to me! But definitely a way to up the TV revenue next year.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2023-12-03/how-12-team-college-football-playoff-will-work-teams-schedule-bids
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    The committee was trying to avoid another blow like last years playoff blowout....now you know why. Mediocre schedules

FSU vs GA
    mvnrg5udena9.png

GA vs TCU
    hdq95dv6iqej.png

• PSOVLSK
    Options
    FSU played their JV tonight. Not even close to the team that would have played had they made the playoff.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Why? So They can try to be a low ranked team and clime the charts for another Cinderella season?

Not the best way to play NCAA politics IMHO

• PSOVLSK
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Because 9 of their players chose not to play in the game because of the NFL draft. This doesn’t include players who are transferring (their starting QB for one). Georgia had no healthy players opt out.

A friend just sent me this:
    aoc68rd6vgxz.png

Post edited by PSOVLSK on
  • stangman67
    edited December 2023
    Options
    This was not a true representation of the FSU team but I don’t think the result would have been meaningfully different if FSU had their full team. Georgia is a great team and one that is as competitive as anyone in the CFP, they just happened to lose a close game to a good competitor that caused them to lose out. FSU is not on the same level

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • la2vegas
    Options

Care to retract number 1 on your list?

Not to say I told you so, but I told you so.
  • PSOVLSK
    edited December 2023
    Options
    You don’t think 8 starters for one of the best defenses in the nation would have made a meaningful difference? Keep in mind, most of those didn’t played because they’re going to be drafted in the NFL draft.

And that’s not to mention they were playing their 3rd string QB and had to move 2 WR’s to RB.
  • stangman67
    Options
    You don’t think 8 starters for one of the best defenses in the nation would have made a meaningful difference? Keep in mind, most of those didn’t played because they’re going to be drafted in the NFL draft.

When it comes to the end result? No I don’t think it would have made a meaningful difference. Would have it been closer, absolutely! Georgia still would have won comfortably, just my opinion but Georgia is a different level of talent. I’m glad Georgia isn’t in the playoff, I don’t think my team UW would stand a chance against them.

• PSOVLSK
    Options
    Washington could beat Georgia. I’d sure be rooting for them to do so.
  • PSOVLSK
    edited December 2023
    Options

(1) “That defense” didn’t play tonight and if you watched the game (or read my earlier post in this thread) you know that.

(2) Nobody knew their 2nd string QB was going to enter the transfer portal and not play.

(3) This game doesn’t mean that FSU shouldn’t have been in the playoff. It means they got screwed out of the playoff and most of their better players chose not to play (I’ve already posted about this).

So, all in all, a pretty weak “I told you so.” But if it makes you feel better…

• stangman67
    Options
    Washington could beat Georgia. I’d sure be rooting for them to do so.

I’d be an extra level of drunk watching them play Georgia. Texas will be a challenge and I’m not sure how I’m going to keep my composure during that one

• la2vegas
    Options

(1) “That defense” didn’t play tonight and if you watched the game (or read my earlier post in this thread) you know that.

(2) Nobody knew their 2nd string QB was going to enter the transfer portal and not play.

(3) This game doesn’t mean that FSU shouldn’t have been in the playoff. It means they got screwed out of the playoff and most of their better players chose not to play (I’ve already posted about this).

So, all in all, a pretty weak “I told you so.” But if it makes you feel better…

63 to 3 speaks for itself. If dem boys played or didn't play the outcome would not have been different. It might have been closer, but Georgia still rolls them.The fact of the matter is that FSU is a good team, not a great team and the committee graded them as such.

If them boys got all sour by not getting into the playoffs and therefore elected not to play in their bowl game well that speaks a whole bunch about them. Leaving their teammates out to dry while taking a beat down. This ironically proves that the committee got it right after all.
  • PSOVLSK
    edited December 2023
    Options
    They didn’t not play because they “got sour”, they didn’t play because instead of playing for a National Championship, they were playing in a basically meaningless bowl game. I don’t agree with players opting out, but it’s the reality of bowl games nowadays.

If you don’t think not having 8 or 9 NFL caliber players on your team would make a difference in the game, I don’t know what to tell you.

They played without 97% of their season passing yards, 88% of their receiving yards, and 84% of their rushing yards. And I feel like they were missing even more than that defensively.

Kirby Smart understands that it was a shell of the real FSU team, but you don’t.
    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39212869/kirby-smart-laments-fsu-opt-outs-georgia-orange-bowl-rout
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited December 2023
    Options
    That was not the Florida teams that played in the season, however I still think they would have gotten beat by Georgia just not as bad.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.