Tom Petty: Wildflowers Documentary

Options
JayCee
JayCee Posts: 1,480
edited December 2023 in Music & Movies
Watched this over a couple of nights. Excellent documentary if you haven’t seen it.

"In early 2020, a collection of 16mm film from 1993-95 was discovered in the archive of legendary artist Tom Petty. The film was shot while Tom was on a prolific songwriting streak for years making what he intended to be a double album called Wildflowers. Tom Petty was known for being reclusive about his personal life and his creative process. “Somewhere You Feel Free” allows you to spend 90 minutes immersed in the candid and musically rich world of Tom’s creativity as he makes his first album with legendary producer Rick Rubin. With collaborators providing unrivaled access and featuring never before seen footage captured during the making of Wildflowers - Tom’s personal favorite album.

The full documentary is available on Tom Petty's YouTube Channel."

Trailer: Tom Petty: Somewhere You Feel Free - The Making of Wildflowers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-39s4ebXpw

I have the original single CD 90's release. From the documentary I learned it was originally envisioned as a double album, so ordered the Wildflowers & All The Rest Deluxe set released in 2020. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G5FLGGW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

4 CDs w/the unreleased second disc. Other 2 CD's are home recordings and a live set. Original LP has been remastered and sounds quite nice. Have listened to discs 1-3 and not disappointed w/the $31 cost. Also, nice/quality book(let) package that's a good read. Spinning disc 3 as I type this.

Too bad he's no longer w/us....
Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Interesting documentary, a bit long but I enjoyed it. "Too bad he's no longer w/us...". I seem to say/think this every time I spin some Petty.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.