pitdogg2 wrote: »
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    yalvhazua9sv.png

The scammers are at it again!

Start reporting these guys pronto!

^THIS^

Report to either @RyanC_Masimo or @CFarrell_SoundUnited
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    If some PM's you asking to reply to an email address, you can bet it's 100% a phishing scam.
  • RyanJoz
    RyanJoz Posts: 116
    Options
    This scammer is now “pickersandra” and her husband peterhouschka283@gmail.com

Unfortunately I got had…
    Ryan Jozwiak

"Because music was meant to be felt and heard"

polkaudio RTiA9
    polkaudio RT35i
    polkaudio PSW 404
    HK 3370
    HK FL8380
    HK DVD 22
    Adcom GFA 5500
    Samsung 40" LCD 120 Hz
  • RyanC_Masimo
    RyanC_Masimo Posts: 27
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Thank you guys for letting us know. If you spot anything, tagging me will alert me quickly so I can address the issue faster.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,618
    Options
  • RyanJoz
    Options
    Wished I either had a new csia6 or my $260 about now. I’ve never been scammed before buying anything online.
    Ryan Jozwiak

polkaudio RTiA9
    polkaudio RT35i
    polkaudio PSW 404
    HK 3370
    HK FL8380
    HK DVD 22
    Adcom GFA 5500
    Samsung 40" LCD 120 Hz
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,618
    Options
    I mean, did they have any posts? I'm not sure if their being banned has changed their post count, but it shows "0" right now.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    I mean, did they have any posts? I'm not sure if their being banned has changed their post count, but it shows "0" right now.

No posts, just signed up to pray on the WTB section. It used to be that you had to have a certain amount of posts to PM any member. It evidently is no longer that way.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    As far as the member that got scammed ... I'm glad they reported it and all and kudos to Ivan for alerting the proper authorities, but I've had at least four transactions here in the past year and all have been 100%. I don't do deals with members that aren't established. Caveat emptor.

Am I not thinking of this right?

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • RyanJoz
    edited December 2023
    Options
    No you’re right, it’s on me. It felt funny, but I needed the matching center for my upgrade to 5.2 and eBay and us audio mart didn’t have any.

I’ve made 100’s if not more purchases through forums and have never had one issue. I have had several here as well. I guess I was too comfortable.
    Ryan Jozwiak

polkaudio RTiA9
    polkaudio RT35i
    polkaudio PSW 404
    HK 3370
    HK FL8380
    HK DVD 22
    Adcom GFA 5500
    Samsung 40" LCD 120 Hz
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    OK, I think I read more into your post than you intended then. I am sorry that happened to you. A good reminder for others, though, I suppose.

Brian

• ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    RyanJoz wrote: »
    Wished I either had a new csia6 or my $260 about now. I’ve never been scammed before buying anything online.

How did you pay them?
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 603
    Options
    IteachSTEM wrote: »
    Another Spammer
    la2vegas

Thank you guys for letting us know. If you spot anything, tagging me will alert me quickly so I can address the issue faster.
    Back at it!

I reached out to you after hearing about your negative experience. I have a CSI-A6 that is probably not ever going to be used by me again. I was prepared to offer it to you for simply the price of shipping.

Instead of responding to my message you chose to attempt to discredit me publicly. Good luck with your continued search for a center.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Well, that didn’t last long …

Brian

• pitdogg2
    edited December 2023
    Options
    What happened Jose?

On another note, I've got a nibble.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • IteachSTEM
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Another Spammer
    la2vegas

Back at it!

I reached out to you after hearing about your negative experience. I have a CSI-A6 that is probably not ever going to be used by me again. I was prepared to offer it to you for simply the price of shipping.

Instead of responding to my message you chose to attempt to discredit me publicly. Good luck with your continued search for a center.

Sorry, this was my mistake. You sent me an unsolicited message, just like the other spammers did. however, this time it was about a center channel that I never inquired about. I NEVER wanted a center channel. I was originally looking for another RTI12. Thus, I jumped to the conclusion it was yet another spam attempt.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    @RyanC_Masimo
    @CFarrell_SoundUnited
    Guys check your pm's, bring your ban hammer.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,081
    Options
    Another Spammer
    la2vegas

Back at it!

Another Spammer
    la2vegas

Back at it!

Sorry, this was my mistake. You sent me an unsolicited message, just like the other spammers did. however, this time it was about a center channel that I never inquired about. I NEVER wanted a center channel. I was originally looking for another RTI12. Thus, I jumped to the conclusion it was yet another spam attempt.

Looks like a simple mistake all the way around. @RyanJoz might be the one who’d be interested in a CSI-A6.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 603
    Options
    I own up to my innocent mistake. My intention was never to scam anyone, on the contrary.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,485
    Options
    Frickin' @la2vegas, always trying to help people...
    I disabled signatures.
  • RyanJoz
    Options
    And I got another one.
    ghyytu68 12:43PM

Hi, I got a message from theresa09 that he has a near mint CSiA6 in black for sale. Thought i'm still interested and i got one few days ago, He's local and his a good friend to me, Kindly check on him maybe it's still available....Here's his email NelsonFolden009@outlook.com
    Ryan Jozwiak

polkaudio RTiA9
    polkaudio RT35i
    polkaudio PSW 404
    HK 3370
    HK FL8380
    HK DVD 22
    Adcom GFA 5500
    Samsung 40" LCD 120 Hz
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    Options
    It's been reported, thank you.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• caardvark
    caardvark Posts: 54
    Options
    And I got another one.

Hi, I got a message from theresa09 that he has a near mint CSiA6 in black for sale. Thought i'm still interested and i got one few days ago, He's local and his a good friend to me, Kindly check on him maybe it's still available....Here's his email NelsonFolden009@outlook.com

I got that same one today; just a form letter with the product name swapped out. Guess I should have checked here first before responding with how many scam red flags his or her message raised.
    Polk LSi15 fronts, LSi7 dual centers, Linn AV5110 sides, Polk RT15i rears, Emotiva UMC-200 pre/pro, 2x Carver M-1.0t MkII & 2x AudioSource Amp 100, Crown XLS1500 & Dayton 18" sub.
  • msg
    Options
    As far as the member that got scammed ... I'm glad they reported it and all and kudos to Ivan for alerting the proper authorities, but I've had at least four transactions here in the past year and all have been 100%. I don't do deals with members that aren't established. Caveat emptor.

How the hell do you have 1307 posts? You just joined like last week!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    And I got another one.

So what did Nelson say, and when is your CSiA6 due in?
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    msg wrote: »

How the hell do you have 1307 posts? You just joined like last week!

That was random! 😂

I post a lot of pictures (--- ..- - / --- ..-. / -... --- .-. . -.. --- -- / .-- .- .. - .. -. --. / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .... .- -. .- / .-. . ...- .. . .-- 🙄)!

Brian

• msg
    Options
    ... --- -... -.-.-- / --. ..- .. .-.. - -.-- --..-- / --. ..- .. .-.. - -.-- / .- ... / .--- .- -... -... . -.. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-

- .... .- - / .-- .- ... / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / ... .... --- -.-. -.- / - .... .- - / -.-- --- ..- .----. ...- . / -... . . -. / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / .-.. --- -. --. / . -. --- ..- --. .... / .- .-.. .-. . .- -.. -.-- / - --- / -... . -.-. --- -- . / .-..-. .----. ... - .- -... .-.. .. ... .... . -.. .-..-. / .. / --- -. .-.. -.-- / .... .- ...- . / .---- ..--- / ... --- .-.. .. -.. / .--. --- ... - ... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .----
    / --- ..-. / - .... --- ... . / .- .-. . / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. .- -... .-.. . .-.-.-

And furthermore...
    .-.. --- .-. . -- / .. .--. ... ..- -- / -.. --- .-.. --- .-. / ... .. - / .- -- . - --..-- / -.-. --- -. ... . -.-. - . - ..- .-. / .- -.. .. .--. .. ... -.-. .. -. --. / . .-.. .. - --..-- / ... . -.. / -.. --- / . .. ..- ... -- --- -.. / - . -- .--. --- .-. / .. -. -.-. .. -.. .. -.. ..- -. - / ..- - / .-.. .- -... --- .-. . / . - / -.. --- .-.. --- .-. . / -- .- --. -. .- / .- .-.. .. --.- ..- .- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    Options
    Geeks

President of Club Polk