Rhino Records

Options
Special Editions Shop>> Rhino High Fidelity

Anybody purchased records from this section of Rhino? The marketing dept. makes them out to be well worth the $$, but you know how marketing hype goes.
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Interesting approach. They don't appear to have given many albums the treatment but it looks cool. Mastering by Kevin Gray, limited number and pressed at an audiophile aimed plant on heavy weight vinyl for $40 is competitive pricing. Unlike some "remastering" labels that think they can charge $120 and still sell them.

https://store.rhino.com/en/rhino-store/special-edition-shops/rhino-high-fidelity/his-band-and-the-street-choir-rhino-high-fidelity/081227827083.html

Would I buy them? Probably not.
  • Emlyn
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Van Morrison's His Band and the Street Choir is one of those albums that sounds its best on vinyl. Live sounding and rough around the edges the way it's meant to be. An excellent production!

I've had it on vinyl for a long time.
  • Emlyn
    Options
    This quad mix of Black Sabbath's Paranoid on Blu Ray audio has my attention. May need to do some more poking around on their site.

https://store.rhino.com/en/rhino-store/special-edition-shops/quadio/paranoid-quadio-blu-ray-audio/081227820985.html
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    This quad mix of Black Sabbath's Paranoid on Blu Ray audio has my attention. May need to do some more poking around on their site.

https://store.rhino.com/en/rhino-store/special-edition-shops/quadio/paranoid-quadio-blu-ray-audio/081227820985.html

some nice stuff, some WAY too expensive.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I just ordered the Doobie Brothers and Van Morrison. Hope they live up to the hype. Prices seem good to me since I have been purchasing the UHQRs and One-Steps.

I’m sure my wife will intercept the delivery and say these are Christmas presents. So it will more than likely be after Christmas before I can report my thoughts.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Those are the 2 I also have on my "I want"list. Looking forward to your impressions.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • muncybob
    Options
    It's been 10 days now....no review? :)
  • tratliff
    Options
    Going to be after Christmas for my review. Delivery was intercepted by my CFO.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • muncybob
    Options
    You need a new "ordering system"! :)
  • muncybob
    Options
    I recently picked up Grateful Dead's American Beauty record. Wow! The best I've ever heard this album and happily w/o an ultrasonic cleaning... no pops or clicks. $40+ for a record is a bit much but I think I'll be picking up a few more if they sound as good as this.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    Going to be after Christmas for my review. Delivery was intercepted by my CFO.

You weren't kidding about "After Christmas"....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tratliff
    Options
    Nothing really to write about. The Rhino High Fidelity press seemed to be just another pressing. Sure did not stand up to some of APs that have been coming out.