Rogue Audio and ASL advice needed

Options
Anyone have any experience with these? Rogue Audio Titan Atlas tube amp and Antique Sound Labs MG tube preamp. The Rogue is NOT a Magnum btw.

The amp is rated at 55 wpc. But seller says it tests closer to 80 wpc. Both units are in outstanding shape with new tubes he says. Seller is local to me and is asking $1000 for the pair. My only experience with tubes has been my Bottlehead Foreplay III preamp.

Thoughts?
--Gary--
Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,576
    Options
    Nobody?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • davissgurban
    Options
    Consider the compatibility of the Rogue Audio Titan Atlas amp and Antique Sound Labs MG preamp. Verify the condition and type of tubes. Test the equipment for sound quality and power output. Research market prices to ensure the $1000 asking price is fair. Be aware of the lack of warranty and after-sales support. Trust your instincts and listen to the setup before purchasing.

• ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,558
    Options
    Rogue support is good. They’ve assisted me in fixing 2 units without even asking for serial number. So if something goes wrong you may have to send it to them but they will support it. Assuming it’s not beef modified by “other”

As to Antique I have no experience.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire