Mrs H might object, I certainly do . . .

are affluent folk so incredibly bored that they forgot about masterB

. . . . there are Real Issues to Confront in this lovely world. Priorities people

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/01/1209660753/these-american-birds-and-dozens-more-will-be-renamed-to-remove-human-monikers
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,439
    This is one of those time I wish we had a face-palm emoji…..
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,291
    edited November 2023
    I read that earlier and immediately thought just how woke do you need to be, the answer, VERY VERY woke.
    Is just so mind boggling to project this woke'ness to birds and other creatures.

This says it all!
    The move comes as part of a broader effort to diversify birding and make it more welcoming to people of all races and backgrounds.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    Woke, this is not. But dumb? Yes. Definitely yes.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    What about the birds? Has anyone spoken to them to see whether they even want their names changed?
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,381
    Is it April 1st?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    Every day we stray further from God
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    Also birds aren’t real
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,169
    How did we get so dark? Are we in the midst of evolutionary decline?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,620
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Also birds aren’t real

There is that.
    https://birdsarentreal.com/

:#

They were twittering ;) about this on NPR this morning whilst we broke fast. I kinda probed Mrs. H about it and she was less incensed than I expected her to be. They mentioned Wilson's Snipe as an example, and Mrs. H grumbled that it's been renamed twice since she started birding in earnest (ca. early 1990s)! So... yeah...

jjki8sqoiboy.gif
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,568
    At my age, birding is hard enough without trying to learn new names.
  • mhardy6647
    Most of them are what birders call LBJs, anyway.
    As in little brown jobbies...
    8nvlvtk2jo2w.jpg
    not...
    gawznzn219ni.jpg
    And, of course, not any other sort of BJs. B):#
    ymxvuqoxmxq7.jpg

Oh, the avian LBJ above is, in fact, a house finch. I don't think they're named after this guy...
    ygu41vtk3cjp.jpg

If they are, though -- I guess we'll be callin' 'em something else soon. :|

Wonder if they'll rename the bushtit?
    I am a pretty erudite & sophisticated person, as y'all know -- but I have to suppress a giggle whenever anyone talks about bushtits.

g8x6wplch5pb.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,990
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    Next, they'll get rid of all the biological nomenclature and molecular biology discoveries because those people that discovered them don't deserve recognition due to their "uninclusive" heritage.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,637
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I am a pretty erudite & sophisticated person, as y'all know

And modest too. B)
  • mhardy6647
    OleBoot wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I am a pretty erudite & sophisticated person, as y'all know

And modest too. B)

Stunningly so.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    xschop wrote: »
    Next, they'll get rid of all the biological nomenclature and molecular biology discoveries because those people that discovered them don't deserve recognition due to their "uninclusive" heritage.

Agreed. So what will they rename dark matter?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,912
    IMO, the erasure of history and renaming of things deemed "offensive" is a foolish move and not good for humanity as a whole.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,957
    treitz3 wrote: »
    IMO, the erasure of history and renaming of things deemed "offensive" is a foolish move and not good for humanity as a whole.

Tom

So very true.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,356
    Almost anything you say could possibly offend someone somewhere in the world today, can't say anything anymore. What a dull world.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,381
    I get offended by those light weights that think they have been offended, so I hope I have offended them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,117
    EVERYONE should wear your "pick-a-vowel" T-shirt on Offend a LibTardDay
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,325
    Definitely ridiculous. I'm on the side of the fence that believes America has been overrun with over-offense. TOO many people are just LOOKING to be offended.

There are SO many petty examples of people losing their chocolate yogurt emojis over nothing. Skin so thin you can see through it....toughen up man....

Yes, some things need to change through the evolution of life, abolishing slavery and freeing human beings was and always will be the right thing to do, but.....changing the name of an NFL team after 87 years of tradition???? It's not slavery people, it's football. The cowboys and the commanders just don't have the same ring to it.

Here's one more for you....a few months back, I'm dating this smoking chick, 19 years younger (h e l l my ex is 20 yrs younger) and Latina.....plenty here to choose from in good 'ol San Antone.....anyway, the first two dates were famous, four hours followed by a 6 hr date...I'm thinking, good....everything is cool so far so I invite her over and cook for her. The menu was; filet mignon, med rare, sauteed mushrooms and grilled asparagus. Cooking is one of my best things in my tackle box.

Now, we're talking, actually she's ranting and I'm enduring. I'm finding out very quickly just how offended this chick is....about EVERYTHING.....I mean, I wish I could get into more detail here but man, it was pretty bad.

I did my best to change the subject...repeatedly...then Mexican bingo comes up, so I ask her, how does that differ from the bingo that I know?? So, she's looking at her phone as she explains the process, then says, it's pretty much the same except instead of yelling bingo, they yell.....and she pauses just enough for my smart a s s to yell, CHINGADA!!!

AND SHE CALLED ME A RACIST......I said, really?? I invited a Latina girl to my house, cook a very nice meal, enjoy the company, teach you the two step, all because I'm a racist??? WHY, would you call me that??

She looks right at me and says, Because that NOT what they say.....

So me, having to explain to a 43 year old, that I was only kidding and that I had enough intelligence to make the determination that what I was saying was not legit and only a joke should be evidence enough that todays norm is that "people" don't know how to take a joke and therefore offense becomes the first line of defense.

Now, all of that said, I'm doing my best to NOT be offended that this post was placed in the "2 channel" thread :D:D:D
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,291
    Ridiculous!
    Did you hand her a towel for the swim home.....

Kidding!! But yet she chose to word vomit all her baggage on you instead of showing you a little respect to the fact you, YOU spent time showing your appreciation of her to her.

EVERYTHING is racist these days if you're a white male. Of course the other side says they cannot be racist, which I find hilarious.
  • msg
    @Geoff4rfc - But did you get dessert? A simple no will suffice 🤣👋☠️
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Ridiculous!
    Did you hand her a towel for the swim home.....

Kidding!! But yet she chose to word vomit all her baggage on you instead of showing you a little respect to the fact you, YOU spent time showing your appreciation of her to her.

EVERYTHING is racist these days if you're a white male. Of course the other side says they cannot be racist, which I find hilarious.

I'm a behaviorist.

I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,325
    msg wrote: »
    @Geoff4rfc - But did you get dessert? A simple no will suffice 🤣👋☠️

Fortunately, the baker put enough pies in the window, so I could let that spoiled on go lol
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,117
    back it up like I'm 5

What's CHINGADA
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12