Hey, Rob (Boston1450)

Options
JayCee
JayCee Posts: 1,489
edited October 2023 in The Clubhouse
@boston1450, Maine shooting...as I type it looks like the shooter has been located and they are trying to talk him out of a house. First thought when I saw Lewiston in the news was that you or your brother live in that area? Sad days for everyone and I hope you, family or friends weren't affected.

John
Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,670
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @boston1450 is not Rob, but I'll give you another guess 😜
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,502
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hello. That was 25 miles west of me. I'm on the coast. Bowdoin is inland not far. I know some of the Card family & my niece (oldest brothers) knows the shooter. Sad situation there. The farmhouse they show online I've been there before years back. The Card family runs a construction business & own a small trailer park where a relative of mine lived. I know both places he hit. My uncles s/daughters boyfriend plays on dart league at the pool hall. I'm sure he knows a lot of the deceased. I may even know some. Sad situation.. My oldest daughter was in Lewiston last night just down the road from bowling alley. I called her & she said she went to Auburn (next town over) & I told her to get her handgun & she said she left it in Brunswick because she had meetings. I told her now on carry it as she has permit & my oldest granddaughter 18 is in college in area... Sad. 18 people I do believe & so many hurt.. I have put my boat in @ where they found shooter car. I think he used his boat. I know the river. He could only go to Topsham dam (south E) & Lewiston waterfall/dam (north W). I know this area well ( 55++ years well ). I speechless on what to say & I refuse to watch/read media to some point. It's depressing.. I'm just glad some made it & my kids are safe. My Rebecca called me this morning & said they thought shooter was heading to Leed area so her husband stayed home & he is avid hunter & has guns & my daughter is very good with guns.. My 5 y/o granddaughter school was closed so that made me feel comfortable.. If anyone from Maine is on forum sorry if I offended & my condolences... Randy
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Options
    Who''s Rob :D
    Randy/Maine
  • JayCee
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Glad your loved ones are ok! Still, too close to home for you.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    @boston1450 is not Rob, but I'll give you another guess 😜
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Who''s Rob :D

Dooh, sorry Randy...and Rob...I know you're not Rob but you and Pit have to give me a pass. I had knee surgery, yesterday, and am on some mucho controlled pain meds, leg propped and attached to a cold therapy ice machine.

0vo7xeukiq67.jpg

edit to add...look close in the photo and you'll see that my right sock is inside out. That was the start of my day.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • boston1450
    Options
    Lol. Np I can't remember names either. I hope your knee surgery went well & you have speedy recovery. I've heard different outcomes on knee surgery. I was just in ER 3 weeks ago with kidney stones. Turning 60 svcks even when you try to stay fit.
    Randy/Maine
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,585
    Options
    Randy, speaking of staying fit, tell us another story about nearly knocking yourself out while practicing your bo staff skills near a fire.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    60......Damn you're old.....😂😂😂

Kidding I'm nipping at your heels Randy, sans kidney stones
  • JayCee
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Ugh to kidney stones. Haven't had them but my ex did and it was pretty rough. Don't ever want to go through that.

Thanks for the well wishes. Had ACL reconstruction 20 years ago. Since then I've done a lot of skiing. This surgery was much less invasive using a scope. Cleaned up my meniscus, a bit of ACL fraying and determined slight arthritis as expected w/age from my initial ACL reconstruction. Should be back on the slopes in January.
  • boston1450
    Options
    My uncle is keeping me updated on what is going on & if they find shooter. He has mentioned things I do not want to post as they may not be accurate. To many people assuming things. I deal with depression & I'm bi polar with anxiety issues & can't deal with society as well. I do not watch news because it's depressing. So I sit back. I hope they do find him & it probably won't go well imo
    Randy/Maine
  • JayCee
    Options
    ...I'm nipping at your heels Randy, sans kidney stones

Likewise at 57.

• boston1450
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @msg
    I'll tell you a story. I was down on NJ picking up a load coming back to Maine. It was a the beautiful day. I opened the door of the truck. I somehow missed the running board on my fuel tank & fell about 4 1/2 feet to the ground. It hurt. Hurt bad. I bounced up & looked around to see if anyone noticed. Didn't see anyone. Slowly went around to passenger side of truck & felt my body for broke bones lmao. That hurt
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Options

I didn't think I was gonna make it to the hospital without passing out. That hurt. Don't wish them on anyone
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Randy, speaking of staying fit, tell us another story about nearly knocking yourself out while practicing your bo staff skills near a fire.
    oh. Now I remember. I was having a few drinks. Maybe too many. I was standing on fire pit & I had the poke stick & I thought i was bruce lee & i was flinging out over my head & it nailed me up side my nukkin. Good thing I wasn't using my swords (Arnold Swattsnegger or whatever his name is) sword & i didnt fall in

Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    Options

I didn't think I was gonna make it to the hospital without passing out. That hurt. Don't wish them on anyone

Yea, I've seen it in friends, like giving birth through a straw.
  • msg
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    oh. Now I remember. I was having a few drinks. Maybe too many. I was standing on fire pit & I had the poke stick & I thought i was bruce lee & i was flinging out over my head & it nailed me up side my nukkin. Good thing I wasn't using my swords (Arnold Swattsnegger or whatever his name is) sword & i didnt fall in

That's the one lolol
    Still makes me laugh out loud - I can see it plying out.

I also laughed at your falling out of the truck one. It's only funny now because you didn't get seriously hurt, but I've done stuff like that and jumped up real quick half before anyone sees, and the other half, foolishly, to trick myself that I'm not hurt.

Good laughs, RandyRob, you're a good storyteller!
    I disabled signatures.
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 605
    edited October 2023
    Options
    My condolences to all those affected by this tragedy. May they find strength through God in this horrific event.

I passed a couple of kidney stones about 15 years ago. The pain woke me up around 3am and it gradually got worse and worse. I didn't know what was happening but I tried to ride it out.

After about 2 hours of agony I came to the realization that I needed medical attention so I drove my self to the emergency room. 5am on a Sunday morning made the trip less hectic.

After I started to ralph in the nearest trash can got the staff's attention, finally.

Morphine never felt so good.
  • boston1450
    Options

Yea, I've seen it in friends, like giving birth through a straw.

Apparently once you have them they will happen again ? I hope not....
    Randy/Maine
  • msg
    Options
    @msg
    I'll tell you a story. I was down on NJ picking up a load coming back to Maine. It was a the beautiful day. I opened the door of the truck. I somehow missed the running board on my fuel tank & fell about 4 1/2 feet to the ground. It hurt. Hurt bad. I bounced up & looked around to see if anyone noticed. Didn't see anyone. Slowly went around to passenger side of truck & felt my body for broke bones lmao. That hurt

Oh crap! I just realized you meant the big truck! not your getting around truck! Woh, that was a serious drop!
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    Options
    Yes. It was a Freightliner with a 350 Cummings that hated hills but got great fuel economy iirc.. My 2nd truck. I upgrades from a Mack COE a 1 stack Mack with a small shack on the back kinda truck lol. That also had a Mack 350 in it. I spilled a ton of coffee on that doghouse
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    My condolences to all those affected by this tragedy. May they find strength through God in this horrific event.

I passed a couple of kidney stones about 15 years ago. The pain woke me up around 3am and it gradually got worse and worse. I didn't know what was happening but I tried to ride it out.

After about 2 hours of agony I came to the realization that I needed medical attention so I drove my self to the emergency room. 5am on a Sunday morning made the trip less hectic.

After I started to ralph in the nearest trash can got the staff's attention, finally.

Morphine never felt so good.

Pretty much the same here. I didn't think I was going to make it to ER but as I got there. I said to the lady at front desk I didn't feel good & she asked if I wanted a wheelchair. I said yes. They rolled me into the room & a doctor came in & I asked quickly for a puke bag. Sure enough I puked my guts out. Then I said I thought I was dehydrated. He said let's do a CT scan. They gave me Morphine & that helped. Sure enough kidney stones. I felt great for the rest of the day. The next day I went to work & I made it 100 miles & I had to stop at a truck stop & I got out & walked around in pain & I waited 1 hour before getting back in truck. Even with air ride suspension the vibration bothered me.. After that I was fine. Week & half later I feel great. Other day I got a call on phone & ran across yard to get phone. It hurt. So it must still be in there ?? They said only 4cm so not too big. Wouldn't wish kidney stones on anyone
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @la2vegas Did you ever get the kidney stones again ?
    Randy/Maine
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 605
    Options
    It's been 15 years, knock on wood.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,898
    Options
    The first time I got a kidney stone I felt like puking, pi$$ing, pooping and passing out all at the same time. I wasn't really in pain at any time, it was the not knowing what the heck was going on. After the doc told me what it was I felt much better. I haven't had another, but if I do I won't be all freaked out.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    Options
    What research I came across it states it's likely to happen. I have had worse pain so I know what to expect with kidney stones. I need to drink more water & pay more attn to foods & sugar I eat I guess as that may reduce build up in kidneys. I tend to eat on run too much
    Randy/Maine
  • msg
    Options
    Other day I got a call on phone & ran across yard to get phone. It hurt. So it must still be in there ?? They said only 4cm so not too big. Wouldn't wish kidney stones on anyone

4cm?!?
    Holy crapballs dude!
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,137
    Options
    Lol
    4mm….I had one that size. They also look like Super Man 1 ice crystal space craft. It was painful to the extent you cold sweat and buckle over and forget about sleeping.

I had to have that sonic blast surgery, then they insert a tube in your yayhoo.

Then you constantly feel the need to pea. That’s inserted when you’re knocked out.

The removal, yes u are awake and you don’t want to know what the device they use to fetch the tube😳 😳
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • boston1450
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Found dead in river. Shot himself... EDIT Not in river. in the woods behind Me Recycling. He must have walked the railroad tracks about 2/10ths of a mile. Surprised scent with dogs didn't discover that from day one... News channels can't make up their stories correct
    Post edited by boston1450 on
    Randy/Maine
  • msg
    Options
    You can't help but ask, "Why?"

Random? Some kind of statement? All so senseless.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,137
    Options
    I just don’t understand why these people including domestic murders, kill others then they krill themselves

Should be the other way around

Cowards
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • boston1450
    Options
    Im relieved as things can start to heal. Maybe the community can come together & work to make things better then what they were before all this started. Lewiston has gone downhill in the last 10-15 years. Violence has gone crazy. Can't even walk down the streets at night let alone day. Shootings/murder even at the grocery store parking lots. Sad situations that make no sense.
    Randy/Maine