Kiss me once and slap my mammie twice

Options
Any Robert Cray fans out there? Holy cannoli....these Focals certainly are!!!

I used to tell the gals, "if I had a swing like that in my backyard, I'd never leave home". Now, I have a new reason to stay!! :DB)
Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    Options
    Robert Cray, strong persuader and smoking gun? I like his music.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,481
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Love him. Saw him around 2005 and a great show. IMO, one of the lesser known/under rated modern blues players. Bet the Focal's do him justice. Congrats on the new-to-you speakers. I have an Original Masters Recording of Strong Persuader and it sounds quite nice. 80's sounding but I've always liked the track "Right Next Door (Because of Me)".
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Hard not to love Robert !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Robert Cray, strong persuader and smoking gun? I like his music.

Right!!! @erniejade The CD is Strong Persuader. @JayCee Right next door is AWESOME on this set up!!

I've always liked Robert Cray but saw him (800 years ago) on SNL when he sang Smoking Gun and was blown away.....no pun intended :D

We gonna get Stevie Ray next.....I heard him calling from my CD rack...."Dude, put me in, I'm ready to rock, gonna give you a TEXAS FLOOD"
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Working this Blues theme...after listening to SRV transition to "In Session" w/Albert King if you have it. If not, the CD/DVD combo is worth the history.

Albert is one of my top blues artists. My first blues concert was circa '92 with BB King, Bobby "Blue" Bland and Albert King on the same ticket. Each a master. Albert was sooooo cool. Unfortunately, he passed shortly after.

From '83, the SRV/Albert King combo is sweet because Stevie was in the presence of greatness and knew it. Albert, recognized Stevie was the real deal on his way to greatness.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,700
    Options
    Can I skip the kissing and get right to the slapping? If so, I'm in!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,492
    Options
    I only know Ronnie and Reggie Kray.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    JayCee wrote: »
    Working this Blues theme...after listening to SRV transition to "In Session" w/Albert King if you have it. If not, the CD/DVD combo is worth the history.

Albert is one of my top blues artists. My first blues concert was circa '92 with BB King, Bobby "Blue" Bland and Albert King on the same ticket. Each a master. Albert was sooooo cool. Unfortunately, he passed shortly after.

From '83, the SRV/Albert King combo is sweet because Stevie was in the presence of greatness and knew it. Albert, recognized Stevie was the real deal on his way to greatness.

RIGHT!!! I have a handful of SRV DVD/CD combos...phenomenal!!

• Geoff4rfc
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I only know Ronnie and Reggie Kray.

Scotty!!!! Getcher butt over right now and let me enlighten you!!!

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    Options
    I'm also a big Buddy Guy and Joe Bonamassa fan. Love Blues music.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,622
    edited October 2023
    Options
    This is a recent release that features Robert Cray and some other outstanding artists. Getting ready to give it a listen, now.

2gm9jpghsa3p.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    This is a recent release that features Robert Cray and some other outstanding artists. Getting ready to give it a listen, now.

2gm9jpghsa3p.jpeg

That looks killer!! I have George Benson "Breezin" CD with the long cut of Masquerade. The separation of instruments are fantastic! If y'all could have heard that play on my A9's, everyone of y'all would say, no way...it's trickery I say!!! When txcoastal finally gets here, he will be my witness. Should be in a few weeks.