Thanks to Stangman

Options
Geoff4rfc
Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
edited October 2023 in Speakers
So, they arrived Wednesday, I picked them up and set them up yesterday.

The grills were packed separately with a brochure and aluminum discs for the foot spikes.

I'm currently using them for both 2ch and movies to get some time on them and eventually place them between the Mains and Wide A9's to use exclusively for 2ch. At least that's the current plan...things may change.

For your viewing pleasure! Kanta No 2

x6h30wedkgk4.jpg
pqioirtz4ugn.jpg
ap2e326ybapd.jpg

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,603
    Options
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,093
    Options
    Congrats!
    I guess we all know what you'll be doin for the next 8 hours
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Congrats!
    I guess we all know what you'll be doin for the next 8 hours

WHAT???? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,664
    Options
    Very nice!
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,192
    Options
    Dude congrats! The white and walnut is gorgeous! I’d be shocked if you could ever go back to 2ch on those RTI’s
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Dude congrats! The white and walnut is gorgeous! I’d be shocked if you could ever go back to 2ch on those RTI’s

Thanks amigo! @stangman67 it was your video that swayed me. And absolutely, I will never go back to A9's for 2ch, not in my main set up anyway. I'm pretty set here. The only other upgrade I'll do from here would be speaker cables for the No 2's. But for now, the music's pretty sweet B)

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,467
    Options
    Zach is the GOAT!!!
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,192
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Zach is the GOAT!!!

Obviously!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,454
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    The only other upgrade I'll do from here would be speaker cables for the No 2's.

I'd recommend going with at least 12ga lamp cord.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    Options
    It won't make a difference. It's all placebo and you're all deluding yourselves. some of you even denuding.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    The only other upgrade I'll do from here would be speaker cables for the No 2's.

I'd recommend going with at least 12ga lamp cord.

Gee I don't know man, I'm not sure if I'm ready for that level of performance!

• msg
    Options
    be sure to get the seasoned stuff. you'll recognize it by its semi-transparent green jacket.
    I disabled signatures.
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Dang, those are some nice looking speakers. Congrats!
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    be sure to get the seasoned stuff. you'll recognize it by its semi-transparent green jacket.

Scott, are you sure it's the jacket that's green? I heard the green corrosion on the copper really enhances the mids

• msg
    Options
    haha, busted
    you know, at first I just thought it was Christmas themed! the guy I bought my cat-pissed Monitor 10s and first real amp from threw in this cable as part of the deal.

It wasn't until 2yrs later I realized it was wire oxidation! lol

I still have it somewhere. I'll find it and post up a photo or two. never did connect it to see how it sounds. I do recall that the strands were few and thick! like too thick to twist by hand. I tried it and came just short of stripping my fingertips to the bone.
    I disabled signatures.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    Nice congratulations on a nice pair of Focals. Definitely sexy with those grills off :o
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Nice congratulations on a nice pair of Focals. Definitely sexy with those grills off :o

Thanks amigo, I agree. The grills reside in the garage lol....dang stang...man, I be jamin though :D

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,935
    Options