Placement question for Tsi300

Options
Hi, I am contemplating buying a pair of these for my audio system. I will mount them on a shelf on either end of a 10 foot high, 11 foot long shelving system. Shelf will be about 7 foot off ground. Top of speakers will match top of shelf. I know they are floor standing models, but they are at a great price so wondering if this placement will work. Room is about 16'x16', 2 story with vaulted ceiling. szf7y1gtg0xj.jpeg

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,623
    Options
    They will make sound from that location BUT that room is very far from optimal. Stuffed into corners and boundries on both sides. I wouldn't do it.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,840
    Options
    If you are seeking ambient background noise that will work. If you want to sit down and chill to the music that will not.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• germag
    Options
    Hello i just bought a polk Omni s2 wireless speaker and i dont find the app in my appstore . i am from Romania. Can you help me ?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I will ask a friend at Polk.
  • Jimmyopolk
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    They will make sound from that location BUT that room is very far from optimal. Stuffed into corners and boundries on both sides. I wouldn't do it.

What would you suggest as best setup? Unfortunately, this is only room that can be my "music room." While I may have 3,000+ albums, I am not an audio aficionado with high end components, but do want to improve current setup. I have a couple small Bose bookshelf speakers I've had forever, and some vintage KEF bookshelf speakers I recently bought. Would putting any speakers up in that space be a bad idea? It's not like I have a lot of options, and they need to be off the floor due to small kids. What about top of the unit, angled downward?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,623
    Options
    You do not need to be an audio aficionado to enjoy a good sound stage. Do what you need to do to enjoy the music.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Jimmyopolk wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

What would you suggest as best setup? Unfortunately, this is only room that can be my "music room." While I may have 3,000+ albums, I am not an audio aficionado with high end components, but do want to improve current setup. I have a couple small Bose bookshelf speakers I've had forever, and some vintage KEF bookshelf speakers I recently bought. Would putting any speakers up in that space be a bad idea? It's not like I have a lot of options, and they need to be off the floor due to small kids. What about top of the unit, angled downward?

If you want this to be a music room, might I suggest headphones? A good pair of Sennheiser HD600 would do you fine and you can always play your albums, whether CD, vinyl, or digital on them if you have a proper DAC and amp.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,840
    Options
    That is an excellent suggestion.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk