Beware of this user offering to sell you Polk Audio gear

Options
This user is a scammer!

Matthew Evans <evansmatthew283@gmail.com

When I asked him to send me a picture of the single polk RTi12 he had for sale, he sent me the pictures of MINE!!!!

Comments

• IteachSTEM
    Options
    This is the profile he used to contact me...
    yew2vn9fku8v.png
  • IteachSTEM
    Options
    Filed a complaint with the FTC...
    0xahwumkneif.png
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I see, so what you're saying is, we should contact Evans first to see if he has what we want to buy before we post.
    I disabled signatures.
  • la2vegas
    Options
    IteachSTEM wrote: »
    This user is a scammer!

Matthew Evans <evansmatthew283@gmail.com

When I asked him to send me a picture of the single polk RTi12 he had for sale, he sent me the pictures of MINE!!!!

He probably figured if you bought them once...
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    He messaged me and I told him where to shove it. Made absolutely no difference but it made me feel better
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Yep, got a message and ignored. I don't want any 6511's anyways lol
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    edited September 2023
    Options
    WTB ads here historically have had scammers crawl of the woodwork, it's a known problem. Once Polk tied our FS/WTB ads to HiFi shark the problems began.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    Im so confused about this thread....where am I?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited September 2023
    Options
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination...

https://youtu.be/mrUH9pGk90w?si=tWK3Bt_rLh_C04RF
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    fseedvq8vfr3.png

How coincidentally lucky! He has a pair of RT35, a CS1000p, and two PSW1200s? That's exactly what I was looking for!

Nice to see the scammers haven't gotten much smarter
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    @CFarrell_SoundUnited you got your ears on? This may be ban hammer worthy
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Not may be, absolutely!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    The scammer has been eliminated.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• IteachSTEM
    Options
  • msg
    Options
    how'm I supposed to get the good dealz now?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,347
    Options
    Respond to the Nigerian Prince.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • IteachSTEM
    Options
    I was just about to give this person my SS#, checking and savings info and my address with the location of my hidden key... as he said he would make it an easy transaction by taking the money out himself, coming over and dropping the speaker off and even setting it up in my listening room! What a nice guy huh?
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,603
    Options
    msg wrote: »

Sell yourself your own stuff!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »

He's too cheap to by from himself....
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,695
    Options
    Every time I buy from myself, I get buyer's remorse and I file a claim against myself. :'(
  • msg
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Every time I buy from myself, I get buyer's remorse and I file a claim against myself. :'(
    I'm the opposite. I get seller's remorse, keep the gear and the money, and then try to dodge the claim.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Lol and ship it!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited September 2023
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    He's too cheap to by from himself....
    This is true. I lowbsll lowball myself, and then get myself ignored and can't understand why. But I keep trying to trade myself for a john boat or guns.

I disabled signatures.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    yalvhazua9sv.png

The scammers are at it again!
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Also it's funny this dumbf**k offered me an Onkyo TX-NR656, the receiver I already have!

As if I'd want another one 😆
  • IteachSTEM
    Options
    Nice... it looks like yet another stranger that I will have to give my address, location of my hidden key bank account info, SS# etc so that they can come over and give me a great deal!
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2023
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    yalvhazua9sv.png

The scammers are at it again!

Start reporting these guys pronto!