Receiver advice for Polk R700 + R400 + R200 + R900

Options
Hey Hello,

I'm looking for a?
5.1.4 speaker set + receiver.

What is your budget?
€6,000 = including the receiver.

I want to use the device to ......
I am looking for an upgrade to the current sound system for our living room.
We now had an LG HX966TZ set. This set is now 10 years old and I must say that I am still very happy with this set. However, the receiver is now broken. I recently heard someone use a Denon receiver in combination with Mission bookshelf speakers. Because of this I now want to upgrade and immediately go to 5.1.4.

Usage is 85% films and series, 15% music. TV we have LG OLED65C9PLA
I would like to watch Atmos and IMAX films/series via Netflix and Disney + listen to radio and Spotify.

Our living room is 7.40m deep, 5.20 meters wide and 2.65m high. I see right in the middle of the room on the couch. The speakers are all wired through the wall with a cable thickness of 2.5mm.

What have you already found?
Denon X3800h Sound heard sounded very nice. And has everything I think I need. I don't think there are many cheaper brands in the Atmos/IMAX variants.

What I'm going to buy is:
Polk: 2xR700 + R400 + 2xR200 + 4XR900 atmos set.
SVS Pb-1000pro

What questions do you still have about this?
I'm not sure whether this receiver is large enough for this set. The Polk R700 likes some power. Some stores indicate that the x3800 is large enough for this set, others do not.
Another option I found is: "Denon X6700h. More price €600.-

Two questions:
1. The x3800 is a two-year newer model than the x6700. Does the x3800 have advantages over the x6700 if you are purely looking at watching movies with Dolby Atmos?
2. Is the additional cost of €600 for the x6700 necessary? I don't want a separate amplifier or another brand of receiver.

Thanks for the comments.

Answers

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    My advice. A receiver will not do those speakers justice. Aim higher.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,987
    Options
    Dragonm8 wrote: »
    Hey Hello,

I'm looking for a?
    5.1.4 speaker set + receiver.

What is your budget?
    €6,000 = including the receiver.

I want to use the device to ......
    I am looking for an upgrade to the current sound system for our living room.
    We now had an LG HX966TZ set. This set is now 10 years old and I must say that I am still very happy with this set. However, the receiver is now broken. I recently heard someone use a Denon receiver in combination with Mission bookshelf speakers. Because of this I now want to upgrade and immediately go to 5.1.4.

Usage is 85% films and series, 15% music. TV we have LG OLED65C9PLA
    I would like to watch Atmos and IMAX films/series via Netflix and Disney + listen to radio and Spotify.

Our living room is 7.40m deep, 5.20 meters wide and 2.65m high. I see right in the middle of the room on the couch. The speakers are all wired through the wall with a cable thickness of 2.5mm.

What have you already found?
    Denon X3800h Sound heard sounded very nice. And has everything I think I need. I don't think there are many cheaper brands in the Atmos/IMAX variants.

What I'm going to buy is:
    Polk: 2xR700 + R400 + 2xR200 + 4XR900 atmos set.
    SVS Pb-1000pro

What questions do you still have about this?
    I'm not sure whether this receiver is large enough for this set. The Polk R700 likes some power. Some stores indicate that the x3800 is large enough for this set, others do not.
    Another option I found is: "Denon X6700h. More price €600.-

Two questions:
    1. The x3800 is a two-year newer model than the x6700. Does the x3800 have advantages over the x6700 if you are purely looking at watching movies with Dolby Atmos?
    2. Is the additional cost of €600 for the x6700 necessary? I don't want a separate amplifier or another brand of receiver.

Thanks for the comments.

That is a great receiver and a great sounding setup! I do think that the r700s will be WAY underpowered, so if you don’t want to blow a tweeter, here are your three options:

1. Cross the mains over at 80hz and pay attention to the volume
    2. Buy a two channel amp and a pair of rcas to power rhe r700s.
    3. Substitute the r700s for r200s and good stands. With leftover money big a bigger sub or a second sub.

I personally would not go for #1. I would lean towards 3, but those 700s with a good two channel wild probably be awesome!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer