opinions on current Bosch 800 series washer/dryer offerings

Options
hey . . . and thanks in advance for your thoughts

fwiw, I'm open to the 300 & 500 series as well. But the 800's popped up locally and I'm thinking HARD about moving on them

Obviously used .. seller claims 2 yrs old and selling due to new birth/kid/ growing fam

imho, they ARE expensive new, but asking is at about 1/2 price

Questions is ... is there anything I should be looking for wear wise/neglect or damage in general?
I currently own a compact style 24 yr old Bosch washer/dryer . . . and they work great, until they don't ... (unfortunately are starting to act up, intermittently)

TIA
AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12

Comments

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I don’t have any experience with the Bosch 800 washer. Although I’m a big fan of Bosch dishwashers. You guys will laugh but I don’t wash clothes.

But my wife does. And will not even consider a front loader. Says clothes do not get clean. Bought new washer and dryer about 2 years ago. Old school Maytag and she is happy as can be. Not what I expected.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Speed Queen.
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Speed. Queen sounds great. I’ve heard lots of good stuff about them, specially reliability and made in the USA

I failed to mention them looking at the Bosch mainly because they are compact in size.

They’re only about 2 feet wide by 2 feet deep . . . and ventless (condensate dryer)
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Washers are tough right now. And it's going to get worse with updated
    Water/electrical restrictions coming down. About 8 or 9 years ago we
    bought a new washer dryer pair. Multiple times. First washer was an LG
    frontloader and it crapped out in a week. Dryer was on backorder, never was
    delivered. Returned it. Got a Maytag top loader. Filled up with water and
    died. Returned it. I went to Sears and asked the salesman to show me
    a set that seldom had problems. Got a Kenmore front loader for a lot more
    $$. Blew a control board about a year later. They fixed on their dime. Still
    running since. And refrigerators aren't any better. Got about 3 weeks out of
    A Samsung 3 door. Not a cheap one either.
    I still recall paying $60 for a used washer when I got married. Ran it 7 years,
    sold it for $40. It was a dark brown model, and wasn't anywhere close to new
    when I got it.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Appliances are definitely a crapshoot nowadays. No experience with Bosch washers but we bought a high end Bosch fridge last year to replace a craptastic Samsung that kept breaking and have been very happy with it so far.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    I currently own a compact style 24 yr old Bosch washer/dryer . . . and they work great, until they don't ... (unfortunately, they are starting to act up, intermittently)

I appreciate the input so far . . . thanks!

I sense my current wash/dryer are on their last leg. I might be able to nurse them along for a bit, but lightly used/current Bosch models don't pop up too often on the used market (around here).

anywho, it'll work out in the end . . .

Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,053
    Options
    Went speed queen, no regrets. True work horses
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    I don’t have any experience with the Bosch 800 washer. Although I’m a big fan of Bosch dishwashers. You guys will laugh but I don’t wash clothes.

But my wife does. And will not even consider a front loader. Says clothes do not get clean. Bought new washer and dryer about 2 years ago. Old school Maytag and she is happy as can be. Not what I expected.

As in, classic agitator type washer?
    I disabled signatures.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    As in, classic agitator type washer?

Not sure I would call it a "classic agitator". Kind of a mix of new and old. Not a lot of electronics.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,761
    Options
    How much laundry do you do at a time? I was looking at the Speed Queen but ended up with the Electrolux front load.

Our sales rep who I've known for almost 20 years, told be to use powder over liquid soap and being on a water softener to avoid liquid softener at first to see how it all goes.

No regrets, has huge capacity and crazy fast spin speed.