Kurt Cobain the teenager

Options
Thought some of y’all would get a kick out of this…

00vmqitto9bb.png
Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
Game Room 5.1.4:
Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Looks like teen spirit.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I wish I could decode those posters.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options

I wish I could have been there to convince him to never record any music.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options

Dr. Know; Black Flag/Meat Puppets

yqvxbox0r1h4.jpg
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Viking64
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    Dr. Know

Brandon Cruz, who was the lead vocalist for the California punk band Dr. Know in the 1980s, also played Eddie in the TV show "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" with the (not so incredible at the time) Bill Bixby. :p

g56b6g6g5xac.jpg
  • displayname
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

Opinions and a—holes…
    Discogs
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    When I think of Nirvana,---- Well,

Nevermind..
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

Opinions and a—holes…

Yeah Nevermind was the album of my generation like it or not. I loved it personally…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    I own Nirvana's CD's I don't dislike them, I think they are very overrated, but I get it, the turning of the tide during that time frame, but the other bands put out much better albums IMO.

Dirt, Facelift, 10, Super unknown, and others are much better album's IMO, and I still listen to them. The only Nirvana album I pull once in a blue moon is the MTV unplugged, the others just don't drive me.
  • displayname
    Options
    To be honest, I totally understand not caring for Nirvana, and rating several other bands of the era in higher regard. Personally, they are one of my favorite groups and my appreciation of their music has grown over time. Nevermind gets the bulk of the attention, but In Utero has always been my favorite and I think Unplugged is a more modern masterpiece.

But that’s just my opinion, and I’m just some a—hole on the internet.
    Discogs
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Nirvana was ground breaking. That said Dave Grohl was the best thing to come out of Nirvana.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Nirvana was ground breaking. That said Dave Grohl was the best thing to come out of Nirvana.

Dave Grohl, and Sammy Hagar are the blue print of what a Rock star should be. I dig those guys..
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    DaveHo wrote: »

Dave Grohl, and Sammy Hagar are the blue print of what a Rock star should be. I dig those guys..

I mean... OK.

5xu45ywokqaz.png

B);)
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Pete Townshend being a blue print for what a Rock Star should be?
  • Viking64
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Pete Townshend being a blue print for what a Rock Star should be?

His computer's hard drive says otherwise.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    The Who ~ Live At Leeds...'nuff said.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options