Eversolo DMP A6

Options
recoveryone
recoveryone Posts: 885
edited August 2023 in Going Digital
I've been looking for something to replace my Pioneer Elite N-50 and have a better display (Bigger), lets see what Eversolo has. I felt this needed to be in its own post
https://youtu.be/tRawPWnMl1o
Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX

Comments

• recoveryone
    Options
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    I've seen the reviews on the Eversolo Streamer. Looks like a nice piece of kit and that multi-function display looks very cool.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    I've seen the reviews on the Eversolo Streamer. Looks like a nice piece of kit and that multi-function display looks very cool.

The display was the big selling point for me (coming from the Touch & N-50). The internal SSD (2TB can handle up to 4TB) makes it very easy and nice not having to need a server system (Touch LMS). One thing I did notice and it could be that I am not streaming Hi Res from any apps is the stored tracks play a bit more clearer than what comes from a apps, now with saying that I only used Amazon. I did find out that it does work with my old LMS under the UPnP source (just doesn't control the playback). Now I can use my same playlist from the LMS system without creating new ones. Still testing it out day 5
  • recoveryone
    Options
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Nice. There is a poor man's streamer that just hit the market. The Wiim Pro Plus. It doesn't have any display, but it's getting good reviews. Check our Randy, The Cheap Audio Man on youtube for more info. I like his channel and Randy's a hoot.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    Nice. There is a poor man's streamer that just hit the market. The Wiim Pro Plus. It doesn't have any display, but it's getting good reviews. Check our Randy, The Cheap Audio Man on youtube for more info. I like his channel and Randy's a hoot.

There are several great sounding DAC/Streamers out there, but for me it was the larger display that sold me. Coming out of the Squeezebox eco system Album art was 10-15 years ahead of the game by everyone else's standard. Others went on to provide as good/better sounding Streamers, but no one match the display of the Touch. I picked up a Pioneer Elite N-50 back in 2017, great sound and I thought I would be satisfied with the much smaller display, but nope. Sitting 8-10 feet away makes it near impossible to read any of the information and the album art might as well been stamp collecting. If you are sitting within 3-5 feet of the N-50 its workable, but nothing beyond that point IMHO. The DMP A6 hit the sweet spot on several levels, Price point, features, internal OS (has its own Storage capability), and with highly desirable inputs & outputs. To find something on the same level you would need to look at something from HiFi ROSE series at a cost 3-5x more.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,787
    edited September 2023
    Options
    This and he FIIO are he two least expensives sreamers ha I've seen hat handle Apple Music Hi Res.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Late to the party. A lot of people say the Eversolo is a great unit. I do have a Wiim Pro to an external dac in my 2nd home. Its a good cheap streamer.

For the DMP A6, outside of the screen, being able to have an internal drive for me is a big plus. I have an Innuos that has a 2 tb internal drive. I have tried many different ways to listen to my cd rips and the internal is sitll the best way to go. It was like that also when I used a Auralic mini and had a SSD drive inside it. The internal drive for rips sounded better vs having an external drive or streaming from my NAS. I cannot explain why but, in my rig, it does.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Interesting observation on the external drive.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~