RTA12C vs SDA SRS 2.3

Options
13»

Comments

• neskahi2
    neskahi2 Posts: 35
    Options
    Congrats. They are the BEST of the SDA series. Therefore the best.
  • 70hemicuda
    70hemicuda Posts: 30
    edited July 2023
    Options
    The ones I'm getting are from Connecticut. And I'm excited, everything I hear about these is they are incredible speakers.

For transport, would laying them on the side be okay? Im not gonna have enough room laying them both on the back.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
    Laying them on the side is risky, easier to slip a magnet.
  • neskahi2
    Options
    I had to lay them on sides before. I lifted each end and put a pillow under to ease any shock.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited July 2023
    Options
    70hemicuda wrote: »
    For transport, would laying them on the side be okay? Im not gonna have enough room laying them both on the back.

That is definitely the worst way, just asking for trouble. Borrow a minivan.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• 70hemicuda
    Options
    They fit lying down, with absolutely no room to spare. They are in incredible shape and all drivers move freely. Best part, they have the updated tweeters already.
    zl55vp8bvj7c.jpg
  • neskahi2
    Options
    They will only increase in value as good of shape they are. You don't have any cats do you? LOL
  • 70hemicuda
    Options
    Haha no no. Just a dog and she doesn't mess with anything.
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    First things first, JB Weld those magnets!

Those are in phenomenal condition, always love a good marketplace score.
  • 70hemicuda
    Options
    Once I get these home I'll take some actual pictures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just like the SRT system you have no experience with the SL2000 or Klipsch speakers. All you do is parrot things you have read trying to make others believe you have 50 years of experience at 17.

I gotta tell ya, you're not helping your image here.
    I literally have 2 of the SL2000 in my M5JR+, and I used to own some Klipsch speakers but never cared for them because they sounded horrible...

The only things I've not experienced are the SL3000, RD019x tweets, and the magnet shift, though maybe its better I don't experience magnet shift.

You forgot
    "ChrisD06 wrote:
    AND - I'm drinking milk, and one day you're gonna be sorry!
    I disabled signatures.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Just like the SRT system you have no experience with the SL2000 or Klipsch speakers. All you do is parrot things you have read trying to make others believe you have 50 years of experience at 17.

I literally have 2 of the SL2000 in my M5JR+, and I used to own some Klipsch speakers but never cared for them because they sounded horrible...

The only things I've not experienced are the SL3000, RD019x tweets, and the magnet shift, though maybe its better I don't experience magnet shift.

You forgot
    "ChrisD06 wrote:

Is this a PFB reference?
  • 70hemicuda
    Options
    Transfer has been made, now to get these home. 0rxnn95pp96v.jpg
  • msg
    Options

You forgot
    "ChrisD06 wrote:

Is this a PFB reference?
    Haha, no just a whiny joke reference you're too young to know. Milk commercials from the 80s. All in good fun.

I think if you hit PFB's profile again, you should be able to pull up some the discussions he started, and also comments posted on others.

He took a lot of heat for stuff. More than you, so far. I don't think you're headed down that path, though.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Tony M
    I disabled signatures.
  • ChrisD06
    Options

You forgot
    "ChrisD06 wrote:

Is this a PFB reference?
    Haha, no just a whiny joke reference you're too young to know. Milk commercials from the 80s. All in good fun.

I think if you hit PFB's profile again, you should be able to pull up some the discussions he started, and also comments posted on others.

He took a lot of heat for stuff. More than you, so far. I don't think you're headed down that path, though.

I think I'm going to do my best to shut up so I don't wind down that path. I'm here because I love Polk, would rather keep it that way and not be a **** disturber.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options

@Tony M

I will try to carry blankets for any further purchases as long as I live. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • msg
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

@Tony M

I will try to carry blankets for any further purchases as long as I live. :D

Lolol
    I disabled signatures.
  • 70hemicuda
    Options
    lvpi5ssxy5i9.jpg

They fit perfectly
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,603
    Options
    I'll say! Nice score!!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Those are gorgeous!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    NICE! B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • 70hemicuda
    Options
    They sound fantastic. Missing the interconnect cable but bought a reproduction one off eBay so can't wait for that to show up. Gonna hit the wood with some oil and try to clean up some light scratches. Fabric is in incredible condition, one tiny rip but it's not seeable with them set up. All in all I'm extremely happy with them for only paying $300. Once that cable shows up these things are going to get some use.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    An amazing score! Congratulations!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • 70hemicuda
    edited August 2023
    Options
    This sure is alot more to do than the 10a's I had

vi5ecjiuw0x2.jpg
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited August 2023
    Options
    They sound fantastic. Missing the interconnect cable but bought a reproduction one off eBay so can't wait for that to show up. Gonna hit the wood with some oil and try to clean up some light scratches. Fabric is in incredible condition, one tiny rip but it's not seeable with them set up. All in all I'm extremely happy with them for only paying $300. Once that cable shows up these things are going to get some use.

Dang awesome price! You stole them! Essentially you bought RD098s and got the speakers for free. You are going to love them and you have plenty of equity in them to support all the mods! 😃

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    lvpi5ssxy5i9.jpg

They fit perfectly

One small recommendation. If possible, pull them out just a bit so the drivers are just in front of the TV cabinet while aiming for 7 to 8 inches off the back wall.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    You do not want them jammed up against the wall. I've found 5 to 6 inches off the wall works best with a half inch making or breaking the result.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• 70hemicuda
    Options
    Yeah I moved them away from the wall, they were just shoved against in that one picture.