You’re doing it wrong…

Options
uat5f0518gde.jpeg
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    3geq188m21em.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    This thread should be hilarious.

g4f0nm1myqsn.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    Options
    ^^ So many questions… But man - how’d they get that IN the attic??

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Good question. I dunno.

plid8xfke4og.png

rgd2b9eldv5v.png

35bskayohnjp.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    Options
    jd5llbbzbdds.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    fbfxtmaajkmv.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!!!
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    ^^ So many questions… But man - how’d they get that IN the attic??
    They used a crane and put it through the hole that is shingled up in the first picture.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    Lol, that appears to be a common practice in hotter environments. Putting the condenser in the attic
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Lol, that appears to be a common practice in hotter environments. Putting the condenser in the attic

Not like that it ain't.
    Unless it's part of the "Green"
    movement to recycle everything (including condenser discharge and input air).

On my phone so I'm trying to figure out the 8" insulated flex duct.
    Sal Palooza
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    Unless it's part of the "Green"
    movement to recycle everything (including condenser discharge and input air).

Ironically, putting the condenser in the attic would be so detrimental to efficiency it'd be worse for climate change/global warming/whatever TF it's called now, compared to having it outside.
  • VR3
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the indoor requirements but the one I saw that looked halfway right, the discharge air was ducted outside of the space
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ChrisD06
    edited August 2023
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the indoor requirements but the one I saw that looked halfway right, the discharge air was ducted outside of the space

THAT would be the correct way to do it, yes. I was referring to the way they did it in the photo.

If it exhausted into the attic, it would defeat the purpose of the unit as it's simply exchanging heat. The attic would get super hot, the house would be cold, and then eventually it would radiate into the home and continuously do this cycle over and over again and never keep the house a consistent temperature while using buttloads of electricity.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Yep, have to dump the discharge outside
    ( Unless you want the unit short cycling on high head pressure)

BTW Chris I was being a little sarcastic towards the "Green" movement although we all know they're always right
    🤔🙄😅
    Sal Palooza
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Yep, have to dump the discharge outside
    ( Unless you want the unit short cycling on high head pressure)

BTW Chris I was being a little sarcastic towards the "Green" movement although we all know they're always right
    🤔🙄😅

Oh yeah I got the sarcasm.

For a movement so caring about the environment, they sure know how to swap plastic straws for paper and paper cups for... plastic???

469pg2zkesdw.jpg
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    edited August 2023
    Options
    For a movement so caring about the environment, they sure know how to swap plastic straws for paper and paper cups for... plastic???

469pg2zkesdw.jpg

This seemed pretty whacky but actually appears to have sound reasoning:

"Wendy’s is collaborating with Berry Global and LyondellBasell to move from plastic-lined paper cups with limited recyclability to single-substrate, clear plastic drink cups.

Based on a mass balance approach, the cups will also use 20% ISCC-certified, recycled plastic across all North America restaurants – a quick-service restaurant industry first – with the potential to increase the amount of recycled plastic used in the future.

The new cup set will launch in U.S. and Canada restaurants in early 2022 with the initial set of large cups using recycled plastic; all drink cups will use recycled plastic in 2023.

This first step is estimated to divert 10 million pounds of waste from landfills over the first two years. The amount of waste diverted from landfills due to this collaboration is projected to increase significantly as Wendy’s works with Berry to expand recycled plastic use throughout its entire cup set. "

SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    This thread should be hilarious.

g4f0nm1myqsn.png

Tom

At least that one won't be stolen.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    Options
    This one is better

lcd4cg0a2smp.jpg
  • ChrisD06
    edited August 2023
    Options

469pg2zkesdw.jpg

This seemed pretty whacky but actually appears to have sound reasoning:

"Wendy’s is collaborating with Berry Global and LyondellBasell to move from plastic-lined paper cups with limited recyclability to single-substrate, clear plastic drink cups.

Based on a mass balance approach, the cups will also use 20% ISCC-certified, recycled plastic across all North America restaurants – a quick-service restaurant industry first – with the potential to increase the amount of recycled plastic used in the future.

The new cup set will launch in U.S. and Canada restaurants in early 2022 with the initial set of large cups using recycled plastic; all drink cups will use recycled plastic in 2023.

This first step is estimated to divert 10 million pounds of waste from landfills over the first two years. The amount of waste diverted from landfills due to this collaboration is projected to increase significantly as Wendy’s works with Berry to expand recycled plastic use throughout its entire cup set. "

Huh... that actually makes sense- for the cup.

The straw doesn't. If I recall correctly McDonalds stopped using paper straws because of their poor recyclability. Wendy's might be using a different one which is not lined with plastic and loaded with chemicals, but who knows. If they're using the same one... it would just make more sense to use a plastic one that's also recycled!

Also: How do they recycle the dye? (this is rhetorical)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Blinded by the white
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    hashtag hifissowhite
    :#
  • daddyjt
    Options
    gpteg7gns3d1.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    vjh6rt6gmxsu.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• ChrisD06
    Options
    qcnllolje2tj.png

I think this would go nicely here
  • VR3
    Options
    Well atleast it's safe