Triangle Comète 40th Anniversary Edition speaker review

Options
Clipdat
Clipdat Posts: 12,608
edited July 2023 in Speakers
I know we have lovers of bookshelf speakers here, and the sonic advantages they can offer in smaller setups. I recently spent several months listening to the Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary Edition bookshelf speakers.

At $2,500/pair these definitely aren't inexpensive speakers. However when you consider the fit & finish, the AE upgrades, and the overall sound quality, $2,500 starts sounding more reasonable.

You can read about my experience with these speakers here in my review: https://theaudiobeatnik.com/review-triangle-comete-40th-anniversary-edition-speakers/

Here's a few photos I took of the stunning "Golden Oak" finish which uses a gorgeous santos rosewood veneer.

dozru8qbtkww.jpg
0chwrcp0espb.jpg
k6n40cj23i4k.jpg

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Nice review, Drew. Gorgeous veneer! I see that Ken has left The Audio Beatnik. Does that mean more reviews for you?
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I've always been surprised that Triangle isn't as well known in the US market as Focal. Good stuff!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Great write up as always
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    Nice review, Drew. Gorgeous veneer! I see that Ken has left The Audio Beatnik. Does that mean more reviews for you?

I'm not sure. It seems like companies have tightened up a bit on sending out review samples. They also seem to be prioritizing YouTube reviewers.

Case in point I wasn't able to get KEF to send me a pair of R3 Meta for review (their PR agency claimed no review samples available), so I bought my own pair. Just like how I had to with the LS50 Meta.

Anyway, looking forward to giving those an initial listen soon. I've had them for a while now but haven't hooked them up yet.